Planted 20 Gallon Tall

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Strongarm

AC Members
Jan 13, 2021
Far West Texas
Real Name
Wayne
Camera Used
Samsung Galaxy 7+
No sir. The word "Patience" should be under the motto, for this hobby. I believe you have one thing most don't, and that's perseverance to the hobby. Otherwise, you wouldn't be so attached to your fish!
If they don't breed, or you don't want to sell, no worries, as I am not in a hurry, and eventually I'll get some.

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
darkredtigr.deviantart.com
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 14 Pro Max
I have a lot of patience when it comes to my fish. All my bettas get names cause I grow attached to them all and my angels get names to.

i do a lot to keep my bettas as healthy as possible. Giants are more prone to illnesses then standard bettas and eat more as well.

Strongarm

AC Members
Jan 13, 2021
Far West Texas
Real Name
Wayne
Camera Used
Samsung Galaxy 7+
I just was worried. I don't like Glo Fish, or modifying the Fishes structure chemically. Selective Breeding, and good environment is the only way in my humble opinion.

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 14 Pro Max
Giants started out with larger size veiled tail bettas and they selectively bred to be giants. They used to get as large as 6” but with more selective breeding they now grow to a max of 3-3.5”. The king bettas at petco are not true giants but a hybrid fighter betta, they are bred to be a bit larger than standard plakats.

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 14 Pro Max
I gotta save for this girl! I can’t just spend $120 willy nilly.
Bettas do cost a lot then they used to but they are worth the price. My two new giant bettas are replacements for two that were unfortunately doa due to shipping issues.

Strongarm

AC Members
Jan 13, 2021
Far West Texas
Real Name
Wayne
Camera Used
Samsung Galaxy 7+
I understand that. Bettas of that caliber ain't cheap. That is why I am going to wait a spell. I haven't got this tank where I want it yet.
It will take more money, and creative work, to get it right. I think the money is on hold for a month, until I save for Lights, and glass top, a 1lb Co2 Cylinder with pressure valve. That is my goal to get the tank right, then I can concentrate on my Betta's. This Planted tank stuff I like, because 99% of the aquariums I have seen in a home, have plastic stuff. Nothing wrong with that, I just like live.
Can anyone tell if there are babies inside?

20210127_150739.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store