Planted 20 Gallon Tall

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
That’s if I am able to get the female and able to breed my giants. I have to research them more myself, it’s not an easy task.
Good luck Vinc! I have got possible sparkler pair but there way to young to breed I suppose so it nice to watch how they hand out together and nibble wach other ?

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
I understand that. Bettas of that caliber ain't cheap. That is why I am going to wait a spell. I haven't got this tank where I want it yet.
It will take more money, and creative work, to get it right. I think the money is on hold for a month, until I save for Lights, and glass top, a 1lb Co2 Cylinder with pressure valve. That is my goal to get the tank right, then I can concentrate on my Betta's. This Planted tank stuff I like, because 99% of the aquariums I have seen in a home, have plastic stuff. Nothing wrong with that, I just like live.
Can anyone tell if there are babies inside?

View attachment 228976
if ya have got male and females livebearers, expect fry! ^^

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Nice looking setup! I had the exact 10gal Marineland kit from Petco that I caught on clearance 6-7yrs ago. I had it up and running for 7yrs. The little penguin bio wheel got ditched about 6mo into it as did the LED hood. Sorry if I missed it in this thread, but that LED hood is about worthless for plants. IMO, it's a waste to inject CO2 with that lighting as well. That lighting might sustain java fern or anubia if it is tied off on hard scape way up high.

Reactions: Strongarm

Strongarm

AC Members
Jan 13, 2021
Far West Texas
Real Name
Wayne
Camera Used
Samsung Galaxy 7+
Well, I got the Co2, just to have it. I am planning something bigger, but though I would burn the cartridge. Those little cartridges don't last at all. Fluval is making money for sure. But, no more from me for cartridges....
I haven't injected CO2 since the 45g cartridge ran out. I was injecting only 4-5 seconds per Bubble, and only during the hours I had the light on, or about 8-9 hrs a day. The plants I have really don't need it, so it was just an experiment. I did buy a light, which is this one....
(Should Receive it today - 02/05/2021)

1612543681414.png

and a glass top. (Next Monday - 02/08/2021)

1612543774522.png

Strongarm

AC Members
Jan 13, 2021
Far West Texas
Real Name
Wayne
Camera Used
Samsung Galaxy 7+
The Marineland top on my tank "Stinks!" It was warped, from the factory, when I pulled it out of the box. I used a heat gun on it to straighten it some, and it's better now than it was.
My neighbor, has a 46 bowfront, that he is expressing an interest in giving it up. It only has 2 GloFish Tetras, a pleco, 1/2 full of water and plastic plants. Nice waterfall effect...lol! It's is a Nice tank and stand! No light. GloFish don't look good, in the dark.
I am planning to move the Co2 over to that tank, if I can get it, re-scape and use the CO2 there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sprinkle

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
The Marineland top on my tank "Stinks!" It was warped, from the factory, when I pulled it out of the box. I used a heat gun on it to straighten it some, and it's better now than it was.
What did I expect from a budget tank kit? Oh well......
To me those Marineland LED hoods serve their purpose very well for non-planted tanks. A lot less cumbersome than glass tops and strip lights. I did exactly what you pictured above with my little 10gal setup. Used a glass top and a 2-bulb strip light that I used CFLs and then LEDs on. That grew plants like crazy on a 10g.

Strongarm

AC Members
Jan 13, 2021
Far West Texas
Real Name
Wayne
Camera Used
Samsung Galaxy 7+
"Peacock", as my wife named him, is getting a tad larger, and a little more aggressive when he see's himself.

PEACOCK_02082021.jpg

Tank is "Brighter" with the new LED's. Glass top should help with evaporation.

PEACOCK_TANK_02082021.jpg

Reactions: Sprinkle
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store