Please help me with my emerald corydora!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishycat

needs more wiggle.
Dec 9, 2009
Hawaii
Augh! Well, I'm glad you found out the problem!

So weird that test strips gave you a more accurate reading than the API master... :huh:

Edit: NEVERMIND! It was the test strip that gave the false reading? :duh: I'm sure now that you've got a handle on it things will be fine. You're an awesome fish keeper!

GuppyGirl1230

Snails, Guppies and Corys, OH MY!!!
Jul 14, 2010
Westminster, Colorado
Real Name
Maribeth
Thanks fishy! I guess we all have those mistakes in our past, but man, I was really upset. I was afraid the fish police were going to revoke my fishy license!!

On another note- the red spot, which was turning pink, is now very red and protruding. It looks like she caught her fin on something and it tore the joint where her fin meets her body. She isn't using that fin much, but she is actively swimming, eating and being a playful cory. It is so strange!! I am doing another water change today, but my ammonia is currently reading 0 with my API kit. I am still going to do 20% today and tomorrow, so she has clean water to heal in. IDK, it may not have been the ammonia completely, although I am sure that it did not help. I think she really injured herself, and the ammonia made it worse. I am keeping my fingers crossed!

GuppyGirl1230

Jul 14, 2010
Westminster, Colorado
Real Name
Maribeth
I will- I am just hoping it is not septicemia.

GuppyGirl1230

Jul 14, 2010
Westminster, Colorado
Real Name
Maribeth
OMG~ NOW I HAVE ICH!!! WTF???? GRRRRR:eek3::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire::angryfire:

fishycat

needs more wiggle.
Dec 9, 2009
Hawaii
Try to stay calm! It's because of the ammonia spike & not enough water changes (when you didn't know about the ammonia). Definitely hit the illness section... You'll have to move your brigs to a holding tank if you're going to use salt w/heat. I think the plants may or may not have to move, too. :(

GuppyGirl1230

Jul 14, 2010
Westminster, Colorado
Real Name
Maribeth
Fishy-I am using a low concentration of salt-about 1/2 tbsp/gallon. Do I still need to remove the briggs?? They are already in it, and they are all fine-wandering around, eating, hmm-I only have 2 10 gallons set up right now, and 15 briggs to move-I don't want another ammonia spike! Do you think I should still move them?

fishycat

needs more wiggle.
Dec 9, 2009
Hawaii

FallenAngel

AC Members
Sep 11, 2010
New Zealand
Real Name
Matt
Argh! I HATE ICH!
I still have traces of it after 3 weeks of treating!
I had to remove my plants and i turned up the heat and treated with Wunder's White Spot Cure and Wunder's Formalin.
It took away all of the spots but the fish are still flashing!!
Definately the heat would help and i would use salt as well but i have loaches so that wouldn't work :(
Argh It's soooo annoying!

fishycat

needs more wiggle.
Dec 9, 2009
Hawaii
FA check out the link I provided. Apparently if the salt is well-dissolved, it shouldn't be an issue. And I think for cories/loaches you can use a lighter/lower dose of salt.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store