Pleco died :(

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Please do some research before purchasing any other fish. A black ghost knife shouldn't be in a 10 gallon anyway, much less with a hostile calvus.

stoopid

AC Members
May 15, 2003
Originally posted by OrionGirl
Please do some research before purchasing any other fish. A black ghost knife shouldn't be in a 10 gallon anyway, much less with a hostile calvus.
My local LFS may need to be refunding my purchase. I saved the dead fish (in the freezer). I was considering bringing it back, I explained it was going in with the calvus and it was a 10 gallon.

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Yes, they should refund you money for the knife. These fish tend to be very shy, and peaceful (though small fish may be seen as snacks). If they told you it would be okay, take a shovel when you go to return it, and smack them upside the head. :)

stoopid

AC Members
May 15, 2003
Yes, they should refund you money for the knife. These fish tend to be very shy, and peaceful (though small fish may be seen as snacks). If they told you it would be okay, take a shovel when you go to return it, and smack them upside the head. :)
Wow, your post makes me laugh really hard now, because I brought it back, told the owner "This is what you get when you combine a ghost knife with my Calvus." First thing he asks is "how large is your tank?" I said 10 gallons, he then asked who sold it to me and refunded me the money :p.

OrionGirl

No freelancing!
Aug 14, 2001
Poconos
Real Name
Sheila
Glad the owner wasn't difficult about the refund, even without the shovel. ;) Hopefully, the worker will be getting some training, as well!

stoopid

AC Members
May 15, 2003
Glad the owner wasn't difficult about the refund, even without the shovel. ;) Hopefully, the worker will be getting some training, as well!
Sadly, the worker works most of the times I go in there, after this I'm probably only going to trust her for feeders. I'd go to another LFS, but the owner rulz (he's a friend of a friend) and has been running this store for years. It's also VERY close to my house, and he keeps good hours for me.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store