Post pics of your 10-20 gallon tanks!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FishyMatty

FishKiller
Jan 30, 2007
Milford,CT
My 10g shrimp tank.
The white mesh on the back wall is the beginning of a moss wall. If you notice the right wall is a moss wall about 90% full.

Shrimp-Tank.jpg

Coral Keeper

AC Members
Aug 24, 2007
West Sacramento, CA
Nice tanks everyone!! Keep the pics coming everyone!!

ThePBM

Rich Hobo
Jul 30, 2007
Hawaii / Wisconsin
FishyMatty- your moss has a nice color. is that not java moss? is that standard needlepoint mesh? cause the one i have seems like the holes are too small for java moss. have any issues with moss blocking your hob intake?

Coral Keeper

AC Members
Aug 24, 2007
West Sacramento, CA
I got a quick question, will 15 watts of light on a 10 gallon tank be enough for any kind of plant that can carpet my floor? Like dwarf hair grass or something like that.

FishyMatty

FishKiller
Jan 30, 2007
Milford,CT
I got a quick question, will 15 watts of light on a 10 gallon tank be enough for any kind of plant that can carpet my floor? Like dwarf hair grass or something like that.
IME dwarf hairgrass takes a combination of things to successfully carpet your foreground, i.e. nutrient rich soil, co2, fertilizers and at least 2WPG.
There are other carpet plants that will spread in a low tech tank like glosso.
here is a picture of one of my tanks that has 4.8wpg, co2 and fertilizers.

"ThePBM- FishyMatty- your moss has a nice color. is that not java moss? is that standard needlepoint mesh? cause the one i have seems like the holes are too small for java moss. have any issues with moss blocking your hob intake?"

It is java moss in my moss walls. Even when the back wall grows in I'm not worried about the HOB since I already have java moss tied around the intake to prevent any shrimp from getting sucked up. The mesh is from walmart and thats all I know about it. My fiance likes to sew and just had it laying around.

Coral Keeper

AC Members
Aug 24, 2007
West Sacramento, CA
It looks very cool!! What kind of nutrient rich soil, and, fertilizers dos it need? Plz tell me where you can buy it and how much it cousts? Thanks!! What kind of nutrient rich soil, and, fertilizers are you using?

FishyMatty

FishKiller
Jan 30, 2007
Milford,CT
It looks very cool!! What kind of nutrient rich soil, and, fertilizers dos it need? Plz tell me where you can buy it and how much it cousts? Thanks!! What kind of nutrient rich soil, and, fertilizers are you using?
I use eco-complete for soil. If you can't find it at your LFS or they can't get it I would suggest ordering this soil http://www.adgshop.com/product_p/104-031.htm
This stuff is amazing and is very nutrient rich. If you choose to order this read everything carefully and get the right amount.
As far as fertilizers go there is a lot of opinions on how to dose correctly, this is a good start for a dosing schedule but you will have to adjust according to the types of plants, the amount of light, co2 and growth rate.
Unless you add co2 adding fertilizers and high WPG may cause a sever algae problem. My advice is READ READ READ.

Coral Keeper

AC Members
Aug 24, 2007
West Sacramento, CA
Keep posting pics of your 10-20 gallon tanks everyone!!!!

jennfier

..o0o..o0o..
Aug 22, 2006
SW Ohio
www.aquariacentral.com
20g High: alternanthera reineckii, downoi, creeping moss, brown crypt, ludwigia repens, stargrass, dwarf sag, and 2 more (names escape me now)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store