Python water changer

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Yep, dose Prime for the volume of the tank, not the volume of the water change. As I start the refill, I add straaight to the tank.

1boatnut

AC Members
Oct 3, 2006
Yep, dose Prime for the volume of the tank, not the volume of the water change. As I start the refill, I add straaight to the tank.

See learn somthing new every day,.
I have just been dosing for the aproximate amount of water being changed

silentskream

AC Members
May 16, 2004
Florida
i dont dose for the whole tank, but i dose more than just the water change. and i dose in the area that i'm going to put the fresh water in. (in otherwords dont just splash water all over the tank.. leave the hose in one spot while you're adding water.)

another thing i've done is hold the tank-end of the hose at a vertical angle so the water has to go up and pool in the reservoir before going in the tank. then i add the Prime to that area of pooled up water, so that it mixes with the water before going into the tank. be careful not to let the water splash all over the place though!

p.s. I LOVE MY PYTHON

cyclops23

AC Members
Jul 4, 2006
does that stuff help at all if you use well water? i still have to check, but i think i will have pH and nitrate problems if i use straight tap water. i live on a farm, so nitrates are high in my tap and i think the pH will be high. i was thinking of incorporating some RO water into my water changes to keep the nitrates down and the pH as low as possible. am i stupid? i haven't set it up yet, and i want to know everything i can before i go head first into it.

Mexican Racoon

Se?or Member
Mar 13, 2005
Memphis, TN
I use my Python. Got it cheap at Wal-Mart. It's not perfect by any means. My main gripe is the cheap plastic valve and the fact that you end up 25 feet from your valve when you are working. Also, sucking up a fish and sending it straight into a bucket, not so bad. Sucking a fish across your living room into a drain valve dungeon, well that's deadly.

but, like I said. I use my Python

Last edited by a moderator:

Weezer

Plastic Plant's Live Longer
Mar 2, 2007
"Minnesota - It Gets Chilly Here"
I use my Python. Got it cheap at Wal-Mart. It's not perfect by any means. My main gripe is the cheap plastic valve and the fact that you end up 25 feet from your valve when you are working. Also, sucking up a fish and sending it straight into a bucket, not so bad. Sucking a fish across your living room into a drain valve dungeon, well that's deadly.

but, like I said. I use my Python
So you like it ? .......:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
I use the F out of my Python. Got it cheap at Wal-Mart. It's not perfect by any means. My main gripe is the cheap plastic valve and the fact that you end up 25 feet from your valve when you are working. Also, sucking up a fish and sending it straight into a bucket, not so bad. Sucking a fish across your living room into a drain valve dungeon, well that's deadly.

but, like I said. I use the F'n F out of my Python
Get an additional on/off valve for control at the tank end.

1boatnut

AC Members
Oct 3, 2006
I must have a morfidite Python then,my valve is 2 feet from the end that goes in the tank:confused:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store