Quaranting New Fish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

LiveOutLoud

AC Members
Feb 4, 2008
Thanks!

bowser7of9

Bowser
Nov 16, 2007
Victoria, BC Canada
Keep a few pieces of PVC in the QT so your fish can hide and sleep as required. Like it was mentioned before keep a close eye on your parms in the QT, it can spike quickly. Keep the bottom clean and top-up as required with maybe a small water change every 2 or 3 days and you should do just fine.

As for your fish you buy, have a good look at them in the LFS. Pick the ones you want and make sure you get the ones you want. Watch them at feeding time in the store, have a good look to see if they behave "normally". If you get a healthy fish to start it should help with the QT.

Myself I try and get fish that have been in the store for a while (at least 2 wks) and show no signs of problems then I QT for 2 weeks. Haven't had a problem yet (fingers crossed). It also helps to have a LFS you can trust.

Good luck and make sure your first fish isn't an impluse buy or it might not fit into your plans...stick to your plan...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store