Question for pitbull owners

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Juice

KillaOJ
Jan 4, 2009
NorCal
wow this thread lives on.

It's all about how you train them

Here are my "Bullys"

003.JPG

008.JPG

003.JPG 008.JPG

maverickbr77

la-te-da
Jan 26, 2009
Lowville, NY
Real Name
Adam
nice dogs and wow this thread is old. I have Rotties so a lot of the stygmas apply to them as well. Us "mean" dog owners just have to show people the truth when we can.

First pic is the same dog as the pup in the second pic.

HPIM0275.JPG HPIM0250.JPG

Ashes2ashes

Smash the owl!
May 4, 2010
Cola town SC
Real Name
Ash

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
While I will agree that training can affect a dog's behavior....many dogs over the years were so popular that inbreeding to satisfy demand caused major issues. Collies, cocker spaniels, German Shepard's, Doberman and currently in the last few yrs, pit bulls.

Unless you can really trace the lineage AND behavior of every dog back for dozens of yrs, you can be taking a big risk.

Pits can be excellent pets.....if bought from an extremely reliable breeder. That's not to say you can't find a rescue or a local one that is a fine pet and you will never have issues...just for me, they are not on my list of desirables until the popularity wanes greatly and some time goes by to minimize the genetic throwbacks.

Taysius

Research first, buy later.
Nov 10, 2009
Indiana
Real Name
Jennifer
The funny thing is most vets are more cautious of the smaller breeds when you bring them into the clinic. Little dogs have big attitudes!

Juice

KillaOJ
Jan 4, 2009
NorCal
The funny thing is most vets are more cautious of the smaller breeds when you bring them into the clinic. Little dogs have big attitudes!

Yes they do! I've been bit by more smaller dogs in my life, never a large breed ironically enough.

As far as genetics go, I'm no expert, both my dogs were rescues, didn't come from a reputable breeder, both are angels.
They can make fantastic family pets for people that are willing to put in the work necessary to bringing them up in the right way.
Bully breeds aren't for everybody, that's a fact.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store