Rainbows

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dwag88

AC Members
Jun 15, 2007
Chattanooga, TN
here is a pic of skull creek maculloch's:

Radar

Thought is free.
May 26, 2007
Kentucky
Oh my gosh so do I want some of those they are beautiful. So now the hunt is on for them.

Mij

AC Members
Sep 11, 2007
Pa.
Wow, beautiful fish. Never seen them before. How big to they get? I'm defintely going to have to ask about some of those at my lfs.

dwag88

AC Members
Jun 15, 2007
Chattanooga, TN
they stay under 3 inches for the most part. beware though that that coloration is very hard to find in most of the LFS's here. they typically have less color than that from what I understand. and they generally stay under three inches so you could do a school of about fifteen that would look amazing

Dwarf Puffers

Dec 11, 2006
NS, Canada
:jaw: :jaw: :jaw: Who says SW fish are prettier than FW? :jaw: :jaw: :jaw:

TheXman

Rainbow Nut
Jun 11, 2007
San Jose, Ca
Oh my gosh so do I want some of those they are beautiful. So now the hunt is on for them.
This guy is a reputable breeder, you'll get better fish from him than you will in a lfs. The ones he has are from Harvey Creek, not Skull Creek, so they may look a little different, but if he doesn't have the Skull Creek variety, the only way to get them may be to take a trip to Australia and catch them yourself!
http://www.thatfishshop.com/moreinfomelanotaeniamaccullochi.html

Mij

AC Members
Sep 11, 2007
Pa.
Yeah, I know what you mean about color. A lot of photos show far more colorful fish than you will se in reality.

Mij

AC Members
Sep 11, 2007
Pa.
I need some brainstorming here. I need suggestions on a small shoal of about 6-10 individuals that could break the tank in further for about the first two or three months before adding the rainbows. Of course this will be after the tank cycles for the first time. I don't want to add the rainbows too soon after initial break-in and chance killing any. So give me your thoughts on what you would add in the meantime that could be left in the tank as I add rainbows to it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store