Rainbows

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

TheXman

Rainbow Nut
Jun 11, 2007
San Jose, Ca
Yeah, I know what you mean about color. A lot of photos show far more colorful fish than you will se in reality.
I was more talking about the location being a reason for the difference in coloration, but Gunther Schmida knows how to get the best colors out of his rainbows and then capture that in photos, so yeah, it will be hard to get fish that good looking, but I don't think the photos are photoshopped or altered to show colors that aren't there, so it's possible to get fish like that.

Mij

AC Members
Sep 11, 2007
Pa.
Swany, great display. You've got the kind of fish I would like to put in my tank. I already have two Bala sharks in another tank that I am thinking about transferring to this tank with rainbows. I would also like a Red tailed black shark in there. How do the sharks get along? I'm undecided about which kind of tetras to add first, but I love the Congo tetras. My lfs has a display with the same fish setup you have and they also have two pairs of mild mannered cichlids in with them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store