Rams died fish store won't replace!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

lizziotti

AC Members
Jan 12, 2007
New York
have you check your PH levels?? i think rams are very sensitive to PH but im not sure why mine died.. my levels were 7.2 for PH.

My PH is at 7.2 also. It's a shame I really wanted them and I'm afraid to try again maybe in the future!

Mar 29, 2007
bolivians do ok at that ph level, blue rams can as well, the ph doesnt matter as much as the hardness or softness of the tank. My rams are living in 7.6 ph and i bought them in 7.4 ph so it all seems good

mine are bolivian.

lizziotti

AC Members
Jan 12, 2007
New York
bolivians do ok at that ph level, blue rams can as well, the ph doesnt matter as much as the hardness or softness of the tank. My rams are living in 7.6 ph and i bought them in 7.4 ph so it all seems good

mine are bolivian.
Oh thanks I'll check my hardness I appreciate that!

Mar 29, 2007
maybe try bolivian next time, they are much hardier and can accept a larger variety of ph/kh levels, they can also be as colorful as the blue rams just in a different way (very gold bellies)

If in proper care they can get as colorful as this

http://www.azgardens.com/images/Ram-Bolivian.gif

lizziotti

AC Members
Jan 12, 2007
New York
It is for protection of the site. There have been issues with LFS owners posing issues. Feel free to PM the poster to find out the specifics of the store location.
I understand completely. That is the reason I didn't mention it in the first place because I was unsure of the legal issues. So many people wanted to know so I decided to but thanks because I don't want to get sued or anyone else for that matter.

And no I'm not just saying that to be a kiss XXX!:Angel:

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Thanks! I understand everyone's feelings about poor treatment and bad advice about any pet store. Just as I am positive there are good store employees who can make a similar list about poor customers with the "I know it all" attitude.

Seems recently we have had a rash of store bashing, some very repeated ones with certain stores. It is okay to vent and we have no problem with that. Pointing the finger in a piblic forum though can very easily look like we are condoning or agreeing with the Poster's conclusions. Anyone can freely PM another member to get specific details if necessary, vice posting in the thread. Thanks for your support!

Back on topic now, give those bolivians a shot! Nice fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store