Random Photos

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Jack D

AC Members
Jan 6, 2011
Jack D wrote:

Thanks all of my tanks are painted black I use a Nikon D40 DSLR camera using the close up function with a lower speed flash I also use my smaller lens 55mm x 18mm for close ups this allows me to auto focus on fish closer to me basically fish at the front glass which in theory allows me to focus on an object and shuts out the back ground.

Thanks clgkag
Nice camera :)

How do you get no glare? Because the flash is metered down or do you use an aftermarket flash?

Also did you shoot these during the day with light or at night with just your tank light?

I like that idea of the blacked out background. Im guessing its mostly your painted back that makes your photos that way.

It gives a total natural effect that makes it look like the shots were taken in a natural environment :beer:

NB_Aquatics

AC Members
Jan 17, 2011
SW Ohio
Real Name
Nick
Nice tanks and fish :)

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Thanks BFM and Koi

Petluvr That tank is a 50gal breeder very old tank..

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Thanks NB

Hey Jack D thanks my friend, the setting i use is the flower setting I usually shoot photos at night with the lights off, i also at times turn off the flash as well just using the tanks lighting but really its the camera quality plus not to mention i will take about 50 photos and only keep like 5 of them. My SD card holds a thousand photos so i have a lot of room for error.

Every now and then i will get a glare if i angle the camera pointing up so i usually try to photo while pointing the camera downwards or from the side, I use the auto focus as well..

bgourami320

AC Members
Jun 13, 2010
Brooklyn,NY
Real Name
Bonnie
Super fish and tank:) What size do the chocolate cichlids get to?

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Thanks NB

Hey Jack D thanks my friend, the setting i use is the flower setting I usually shoot photos at night with the lights off, i also at times turn off the flash as well just using the tanks lighting but really its the camera quality plus not to mention i will take about 50 photos and only keep like 5 of them. My SD card holds a thousand photos so i have a lot of room for error.

Every now and then i will get a glare if i angle the camera pointing up so i usually try to photo while pointing the camera downwards or from the side, I use the auto focus as well..
Do you really??? You only keep one in 10 pics? Wow your a bad shot then bro lol. All my pics I normally keep about 8 out of 10 pics unless its my oscar cuz holme boy wont stay put.

Nice fish as always. Hey were you gonna get some more Freddy's??? Im gonna have to give up 3 of mine in another month or two. Just waiting to get a bonded pair. I got Freddy's got baby Red Tigers and baby La Ceiba's lol. You could toss them all in your pond then part them out to your buddies out there.

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
I take crappy pictures all the time..no patience like the rest of y'all. Nice pics pitt, lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store