reef roids vs reef chili and System Reef-resh

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

rockethippo

AC Members
Feb 28, 2007
Yukon Territory, Canada
coral frenzy?

5xevy

Member #62,749
Jan 3, 2007
Upstate, NY

rockethippo

AC Members
Feb 28, 2007
Yukon Territory, Canada
Do you think it will be best to mix all 4 products, alternate, or just use one of them?

mayran

AC Members
Oct 3, 2005
Grand Rapids, MI
Those sound like decent results. How long had you been using the reef chili until your zoa colonies doubled?
It couldn't have been much over a month, two at most. They are still growing strong. For example, I picked up a small rock with 9 small zoos on it and now there are somewhere around 30 (hard to count them). Growth explosion started at about the same time that I started using the reef chili.

I also just received some free samples of Coral Frenzy and have been using it since the beginning of this month. It is hard to judge any growth differences between the 'Frenzy and the 'Chili, but the corals and the other inverts seem to like the 'Frenzy at least as well as the 'Chili.

Personally, I would probably buy whichever is cheaper, and maybe switch from one to the other when I run out. As far as I can tell, they are both good products.

BTW, I target feed with the little squeeze bottle that comes with the Reef Chili when you buy 3 jars. Works great.

rockethippo

AC Members
Feb 28, 2007
Yukon Territory, Canada
They all cost about the same.

Bryce

AC Members
Mar 28, 2007
I have used Coral Frenzy for a little over six months now. The growth I’ve experienced since starting to use it is nothing short of fantastic.

The thing I like about it besides the ingredients is the particle size. It isn’t uniform, there are all micron sizes mixed in for the various particle sizes that different coral need.

http://www.coralfrenzy.com/

5xevy

Member #62,749
Jan 3, 2007
Upstate, NY
My buddy is big on Coralvite. I was planning on trying it soon to see why he swears by it.
http://www.monstermarketplace.com/General/Landing2800a2.html
Sorry, I got the above mixed up with something that I can't remember the name of. I ALWAYS mix up the 2 too.

Anyway, I saw they have Coral Frenzy and Reef Chili on eBay. I think I may buy some after reading the comments on here. Do either of them have to be refrigerated?

Bryce

AC Members
Mar 28, 2007
Sorry, I got the above mixed up with something that I can't remember the name of. I ALWAYS mix up the 2 too.

Anyway, I saw they have Coral Frenzy and Reef Chili on eBay. I think I may buy some after reading the comments on here. Do either of them have to be refrigerated?
Can't comment of Reef Chili as I've not used it, but Coral Frenzy does not need to be refrigerated.

Catpicklesdog

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!
Feb 25, 2007
Telford, UK
Real Name
Alison
After reading soome of the posts on here I decided to try and find some of the products here in the UK. Only managed to find Coral Frenzy so I ordered some to try it. It arrived this morning so I mixed some up as instructed, chucked it in and WOW I've never seen my corals open up so much for food. I have a Nepthea coral that wasn't doing too well as I'm mid upgrading tanks and it was in a lot of light which they don't like. I put it in my new tank the other day, fed it Frenzy today and every single polyp extended. I can't wait to see how much they all grow!!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store