Ritteri Anemone

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mcsassy

professional fool
Jan 28, 2008
the bubble tip did not die...it just didn't work out in terms of I didn't like how it expanded so much in the area i put it in...i returned it perfectly healthy...thats why they took it back. i have had a condy for a few months now and its the biggest, fattest healthiest anemone...just doesn't host my clowns...i understand they don't NEED an anemone BUT then you can also say peope don't NEED their own room. i want them to have a place to call their own and rest at night and feel secure and "at home"

mcsassy

professional fool
Jan 28, 2008
i have seen clowns hang out in torch corals though...would i be better off getting rid of the condy and trying a torch? cause the condy moves around the tank a lot and i know they can sting corals.

Catpicklesdog

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!
Feb 25, 2007
Telford, UK
Real Name
Alison
the bubble tip did not die...
No-one is saying it did die, we just said why it didn't work out.

i have had a condy for a few months now and its the biggest, fattest healthiest anemone...
cause the condy moves around the tank a lot and i know they can sting corals.
If it's that happy it won't move around that much. It's also not advisable to mix different species, especially if you have one on the move.

clout medicine
Anyone heard of it? They are tablets...my friend that works at petco gave it to me to clear my tank of ich and claimed its reef safe...killed BOTH my cleaner shrimps within the hour...I am SO angry! :mad2:

mcsassy

professional fool
Jan 28, 2008
very well then...I haven't wanted to add any corals until I move either...I hear it could make the moving experience A LOT harder...that is why I am holding out and just trying to stick with some anemone action for now...

mandy21

THE REEFER GODDESS
May 16, 2006
Ohio
I strongly urge to stop buying anything for your tank for a while, as others have said. You're having numerous problems and most of them are because you're moving too fast and not educating yourself on things before buying them and throwing them in the tank. So, please, take a breath and a few weeks of reseach before putting anything else but some food in there.

mcsassy

professional fool
Jan 28, 2008
cool. i've never had problems moving anemones...you just have to be gentle with it. my tank is doing great. take it for what it is...my fish have strong immune systems and the ich is at bay...thank goodness for cleaner shrimps...i'm not down with medicines at all...the ocean has no medicine...i understand my tank is not the ocean but hell it's working!!! so ya no more crap medicines...nothing like a good healthy diet and some good "shrimp showers" when it comes down to medicines...look what they do to humans...if it could kill a parasite it could kill other things (MY SHRIMPS) so no more medicines...i'm all about the all natural approach...my blue tang has been eating a lot and holding up VERY well...seems like the ich is 95% gone and not coming like it used to come back daily...quite a battle...it seems like it's not able to attach to anything else (thank god). every tank is different. thanks for the opinions people! i'm staying optimistic so la la la la la la laaaaaaaaaaaaaa..... go lakers, go fishies!

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
Good luck mcsassy.. Let us know how the tank move goes. They are always stressful on the parent and fishies.. :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store