Ryukin problems after a bad tank episode?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Leighlou

AC Members
Aug 13, 2009
Thank you, I'm just worried since he can't seem to get to the bottom of the tank, he will try to swim down but then floats right back up, his breathing hard has slowed down thankfully. I guess I will just watch him and hope he will get back to his crazy self.

Leighlou

AC Members
Aug 13, 2009
^.^ I'm happy to announce that after some time of not feeding and a new airstone, my Ryukin is waddling around happily all over my tank, and chasing my comet around, who will be going back to the fish store since he is getting too big for my tank. Any ideas on what I can put him in to transport him?

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
Get a large plastic bag and aerate it. Wrap the bag with newspaper and wrap it again on another bag. If the weather is too hot or too cold, place the bag in the styrofoam box.

Leighlou

AC Members
Aug 13, 2009
Ohnoes! His doing it again, I checked the water and its fine, I've been feeding them every other day to make sure that I wouldn't over feed them but my Ryukin is floating upside down again. What should I do?

Leighlou

AC Members
Aug 13, 2009
I've been feeding them the Hakiru lionhead feed, I even soak it some before giving it to them

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
What a weird issue. None of my four ryukins get floaty when fed with Hikari Lionhead but if that is all you feed them, the food itself would not be very adequate. Have you offered them vegetable matter or even gel foods?

Leighlou

AC Members
Aug 13, 2009
No I was holding off of the veggies till I knew for sure what to give them. I was going to try the half of a pea thing but he can't get to the bottom to even eat. I don't have any plants in the tank either.

Leighlou

AC Members
Aug 13, 2009
Could it be just a defect? I would think that he would always be like that if it was a defect.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store