salty420's 75g reef log

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
Looking sweet salty.. ;) So how is the sump treating you??

salty420

this fish was coming on to me
Mar 8, 2007
Sugar Grove, IL
Looks awesome! Have you thought about the stocking or anything yet?
thanks! yes of course i can't stop thinking about it! stock in my 37g is:
2 bk/wt clowns
1 royal gramma
1 pj cardinal
1 blue neon goby

so i have to choose fish that will be compatible. my concern is the neon goby, i don't want him getting eaten! please let me know if any fish on my list will make a meal out of him...

wish list (possibilities) let me know what you guys think:

regal tang - this is a BIG maybe... seems to be a tang that is possible in a smaller tank..? i am really not sure about this...
midas blenny - this is pretty much my only for sure as long as it's compatible
potter's angel and/or flameback angel - if i got both they'd go in together
mccosker's flasher wrasse - this is also a big 'ol maybe as i could probably only get this fish online...

Looking sweet salty.. ;) So how is the sump treating you??
it's great! i still am waiting on my skimmer tho, im trying to support my lfs and told them to order me the octopus 110 so hopefully they did and if so it should be here any day... i have a CF light on the 'fuge now, and i have some macro in there now... i'll be adding at least one decent sized rock from the 37g in there and a bunch more sand as well.

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
LOL, did you just look at the thread I posted in and pull that mccosker's flasher wrasse from there? Pretty cool I scored a $70 fish for $30. :)

I don't have experience with the flameback but the Potters I had was very peaceful. I had a tank full of pom-pom xenias and the potters never touched them. I would only recommend staying away from Flame and Pygmy Cherubs as they both seem to be not very reef safe from my experience.

salty420

this fish was coming on to me
Mar 8, 2007
Sugar Grove, IL
aren't the angels going to eat your coral?
i've been doing a lot of research and these 2 dwarf angels seem to be some of the "most reef safe" and prettiest IMO... it's always a risk having angels in a reef but im going to give it a shot, if it doesn't work out i'll just have to get a fish trap i guess...

mandy21

THE REEFER GODDESS
May 16, 2006
Ohio
i've been doing a lot of research and these 2 dwarf angels seem to be some of the "most reef safe" and prettiest IMO... it's always a risk having angels in a reef but im going to give it a shot, if it doesn't work out i'll just have to get a fish trap i guess...
Did you read the article in ummmm, I can't remember what magazine, but the current issue of some fish magazine with the Potter's angel on the cover. I love that fish, but the article made me really hesitent. I'm not sure I'd ever have a tank that the article considers ideal for the happy survival of one.

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
I saw the cover but can't think of the name.. does anyone know the magazine or point to that article? I am very interested to read what it says because I was going to get another Potters once I upgraded my tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store