Semi aggresive fish for schooling?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Plague

O.o
Aug 4, 2010
Miami, Fl
People sometimes underestimate just how smart these little guys can be. They might not be able to tell the difference between you and any other person that comes up to the tank is, but they sure as hell recognize patterns.

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
People sometimes underestimate just how smart these little guys can be. They might not be able to tell the difference between you and any other person that comes up to the tank is, but they sure as hell recognize patterns.
My tetras seem to recognize me after 2-3 months. If I sit by the tank and watch, they tend to swim around on the left side of the tank, which is where I typically feed them (near the TF 60 filter, and away from the AC 70). My wife or daughters can sit in the same spot, and get no reaction from the fish.

Chrisinator

Ripariumist
Sep 27, 2008
North Jersey
Real Name
Chris
Does anyone have any experience with African Butterfly fish and Neon Tetras?

I'm more interested in upper level swimmers, so I'll probably look into Rainbowfish (smaller ones such as Ornate or Dwarf Neons) or maybe Hatchets or Zebra Danios.

Liquid_Pyro

AC Members
Mar 8, 2009
Try rearranging the tank decor, that might make them school again for a short while until they get used to the new setup....but who knows your fish may be to smart to fall for that...

Chrisinator

Ripariumist
Sep 27, 2008
North Jersey
Real Name
Chris
Would having 7 Tiger Barbs prove to be fatal?

I have these in my 38g just to refresh memories:

1 Pearl Gourami
1 Bristlenose Pleco
7 Black Neon Tetra
10 Neon Tetra
2 Bolivian Rams

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store