sexing elongatus

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Yeah, great! Are you going to leave the 30gal, just for them?

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
well that was going to be my planted tank that i have already put a slight investment in so i was possibly planning on turning my 55 into a mbuna tank with some yellow labs, electric blue johanni, and possibly some red top hongi alothough i do kinda like the aceis in a way though. the yellow fins look nice when mixed with labs.

i love this video of chailosi's. what is the rock though? http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xdapt_reproduction-elongatus_animals

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Oh yes, I'm sorry I forgot your plans. Those species with your chailosis will look awesome in a 55gal with many rocks. I see you have to make a decision between hongis or aceis.

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
cant have both??? and ill probly sell my tangs to my friend who has growing interest in tanganyikans. theyll get a good home there.

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
The problem is that having both, you will have 5 species in that tank; which is not recommended. Unless like me, you keep groups of 4 species only and then a single fish of a 5th species, as the tank's centerpiece.

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
oh. what could my centrepeice fish be? i want something that would really standout in the crowd

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Well, that's your decision. I have a Maingano (M. cyaneorhabdos) as my tank's centerpiece.

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
hehehe i forgot about that til you brought it up hehehe

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store