Shipping fish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

liv2padl

cichlidophile
Oct 30, 2005
north carolina
the USPS differs depending on your locality. my post office folks know i ship and receive and are always wanting to see them. sometimes the PO may take a 'hard line' but you really never know.

Malbri

User
Dec 11, 2006
Whats the approximite price to ship fish(like I mean the price of hte bags nad heat pad things and everything excluding actual price 4 shipping)

Chickieepooh2u

Ooo, Ooo! Pick me pick me!!
Jan 12, 2006
Norfolk, NE
www.myspace.com
ok, snails. When I bought mystery snails off e-bay they came like this. USPS Priority mail. Each snail was wrapped in a damp shop paper towel, they were then put in damp moss, and wrapped in a tube of...what looked like blue pipe wrap. The whole thing was wrapped in clear packing tape. Then they were in a box filled with styrofoam peanuts. They arrived safe and sound. No heat pack because it was still warm.

Most people will only ship on Mon and Tues, so the animals won't be stuck somewhere over a weekend. I have a few hundred (maybe a thousand) mystery snail to unload so I'll probably end up an expert on shipping them. lol

Aussie_hippie_2

AC Members
Sep 17, 2006
Wisconsin USA
www.myspace.com
Malbri go to aquabid.com and UPS.com and add up the things you need.

I wouldn't go with USPS, out of 3 trys trying to have plants shipped to me one was here on time, the other took 3 weeks and the third never actually came at all.

Chickieepooh2u

Ooo, Ooo! Pick me pick me!!
Jan 12, 2006
Norfolk, NE
www.myspace.com
Whoopsie. I forgot to add this. If you are shipping Snails...Brigs or Canas, you need a shipping permit from the USDA. They are a controlled species. You need a permit for every state you plan to ship them to.

The last of my permits came in this morning! Yay!!

5Bettamom

7 BettaMom now!!! Woot woot
Dec 15, 2006
Washington
Malbri go to aquabid.com and UPS.com and add up the things you need.
Oh okay, yeah, make 'er work. ;) lol, just joking. I just feel like goofing around right now ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store