Shipping fish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tankfan

Just another Dude with MTS!
Jun 3, 2006
Buda, IL
www.freewebs.com
Ive used fedex several times and am basically just starting out in the shipping. I have been successful in shipping to the one day zones around my area.

Fedex is the best for me as i tried USPS and they destroyed my box. this wasn't very encouraging to me so i went to Fedex and been smooth sailing ever since.

I have a couple of questions for the more experienced shippers here...Whats the lowest temperature you should ship in? Its like 15 degrees here and I do have some fish sold to someone in my 1 day area. I told him that I wanted to wait to ship because of temperature because Im not sure if 1 or 2 heat packs would be enough to keep fish warm during shipment.

How many heat packs would i have to put in to keep temperature up? Or would I just be better off waiting until it climbs back up a bit.

Yes, great thread.

Malbri

User
Dec 11, 2006
bump
im interested to see the answers for the questions above me

5Bettamom

7 BettaMom now!!! Woot woot
Dec 15, 2006
Washington
What are some needs with shipping swordtails & guppies (seperatly of course)?

Moderator, could we please make this a sticky?

I was just going to ask for a thread on this topic when I found it - thank you all, I am just about to have to get into the shipping thing with my little HRP's, so this is perfect timing!
Stickying this would be a great idea.

SftWrmRain

Welcome To Wherever You Are
Nov 14, 2006
I have a couple of questions for the more experienced shippers here...Whats the lowest temperature you should ship in? Its like 15 degrees here and I do have some fish sold to someone in my 1 day area. I told him that I wanted to wait to ship because of temperature because Im not sure if 1 or 2 heat packs would be enough to keep fish warm during shipment.

How many heat packs would i have to put in to keep temperature up? Or would I just be better off waiting until it climbs back up a bit.

Yes, great thread.
I am curious to know the answer to this as well, but could more than one heat pack possibly overheat the small amount of water we're talking about?

tankfan

Just another Dude with MTS!
Jun 3, 2006
Buda, IL
www.freewebs.com
yeah i wish these forums would have a shipping fish section to their forums. Maybe have some of the sponsors write a little piece if info for different shipping situations.

Malbri

User
Dec 11, 2006
still not stickyed......

Hey tankfan are ya gonna put that thing u sent me on here?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store