show me a filter that does not move top water

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

"13"

Thirteen
Jun 17, 2007
Canada
surface agitation is good thing for many reasons. :)

Jin_Uzuki

AC Members
Mar 5, 2008
Internal Filter

You can always just use a pair of internal filters. A pair of hydrosponge filters driven by a powerful air pump would also work quite well.

grannylvsfish

have you been bad this year ??
Dec 6, 2006
Montana
surface agitation is good thing for many reasons. :)
Yes I know, and today I am glad since I am dosing with melafix. but I really want surface plants, and the water is very dfast moving and the plants swish around. even when filled all the way up. But for nwo I am broke and no more money to buy :(

Bobnova

Apr 11, 2006
Take two aquarium suction cups and a piece of normal old thread and run a line between the front and back of the aquarium right next to the filter.
Put the plants on the far side of that line.
The string will hold them on that side of the tank, but they can still float around and look natural.

lucy42083

AC Members
Jan 20, 2008
Wappingers Falls, NY
$100 for an XP3? Thats more expensive than any of my XP3s I've bought.
You've bought them new for under $100??!! $100 is, by far, the best price I have found online or at any LFS/chain I have ever been to for an XP3. Please tell me where you've bought a new XP3 for under $100??!! Did it come with all the media you need to "start out"??

loaches r cool

Snail Terminator
Feb 15, 2006
Gahanna, Ohio
tristan.homelinux.net
Hmmm, I just checked online and I guess the XP3's are just going for crazy high amount right now :huh:

But to answer your question my first XP3 when I was brand new to the forum, from petsolutions.com for $95. Then when I found lots shop at big als and they had it for $88. Then last year I got one from petsmart when they had the big sale for $75 with free s&h. Maybe I should of bought a dozen of them and started selling them! lol. And yeah, as far as I am aware there is only 1 retail package and it includes everything but the bio media. Sorry, just seems like they jacked the prices recently, maybe they will go back down? Heck the classic eheims are probably cheaper than most places seem to be charging for the XP's.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store