Show your Kitty Pictures!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

JamieMonster

AC Members
Mar 16, 2012
Chicagoland, USA
Real Name
Jamie
Ok- so, here are my "kids"...

Autumn.jpg
This calico cutie is Autumn- she was found scavenging through a garbage pile on a farm 17 years ago with worms so bad, her little tummy literally touched the ground when she was standing, and an upper respiratory infection that had her face totally crusted in mucus. She was about 4 weeks old. Jay (hubby) & I took her in IMMEDIATELY upon seeing her, got her to the vet, and she has been a spoiled, happy, house cat ever since. She has TERRIBLE balance, as a remnant from the infections she had... and makes the most adorable little snort noises when she plays, or really gets into eating. She's an awesome cat, and we are glad she is with us every day!

sleepy az.jpg
This little pistol is Azrael. She came into our lives 16 years ago, when I was working a job at Michael's Craft Store & one of the shift managers walked up to me and said "You're into animals- here's a kitten." She was about 8 weeks old. We weren't supposed to have more than one cat, at that time, so I told this woman that.. her answer was "Well, if you don't take her, I am just going to drop her out back by the dumpster- she's old enough to catch mice and rats, right?". Our kitty crew officially became 2, at that very moment. Az, unfortunately, is nearing the end out our journey together, with Chronic Renal Failure... she has lived a fantastic life with us,and has been a source of joy & entertainment every day. We continue to enjoy our time together- and we are just focusing on that.

Brak Sleep.jpg
And here we have the Brak Attack. Brak was living under my Mother's jeep at her old house in a not very nice neighborhood... She wouldn't let my sister bring him in the house, but told her she could keep him as "an outside cat", without even providing shots for him. Since this was very dangerous for this big goofball... he came to live with me. He is a very difficult cat- and makes every day an adventure. I still love him, though... and am glad he is safe and loved inside, where he belongs.

raziel1.jpg
This handsome gentleman is Raziel- or Ray Ray, as he is most frequently called. We adopted him from the shelter, after he spent the first 10 mos of his life growing up in a 3 ft square cage at a PetSmart adoption center. He was born feral, so, he does not warm up to people easily, and makes the term "scaredy cat" seem to be an understatement. We are perfectly fine with that in our house, though! It is kind of a relief to have one that doesn't require much one on one contact to be happy in a house as full as this one. We love our gorgeous boy, and are glad to have him as part of the family.

Lucy Bike.jpg
This black beauty is out girl Lucy- or more commonly called "Goose". We adopted her from a shelter just because I love black cats, and we wanted to. Her shelter name was "Crashie", and boy does she EVER live up to that! She is always knocking things down, and getting into trouble. Thankfully for her, we LOVE a teeny cat with BIG personality in this house... she is truly awesome!

Zoey Couch.jpg
Here's ZOEY! Don't let the cuteness fool you- this cat is a terror! On one of my evening walks around the neighborhood, I saw a cat crying at a neighbor's house to be let back in... they weren't opening it. She came walking down the driveway to me, and started to snuggle. One of the kids at the house opened the door, and I asked it Zoey was their cat. The reply was "not anymore- my mom put her outside, because she doesn't want to feed her anymore... she can't come back in the house." Zoey came home to live with us! She is a HUGE pain, and a very sassy cat- but, she doesn't deserve to be thrown out. Her antics are kind of funny, and she is just so cute... who could say "no" to that face?

What do the kids like to do on weekends?
CATNIP PARTY ON THE CAT CASTLE!!!
Catnip Party 1.jpgCatnip Party 2.jpg

And, just because I can't leave them out... here are the dogs.

Ronin.jpg
Ronin, aka "Bubba"- our shepherd husky mix that we have had since he was a baby. He turns 11 this October, and we love him dearly!

Rosco & Brak.jpg
My chihuahua, Rosco P. Coltrane having a little nap in his bed with Brak. I found Rosco on my way home from work one day about 4 years ago. I used to work at a school with special needs kids about 3/4 of a mile from my house... so, I would walk to and from work every day. It was in February, and only about 15 degrees outside, not considering the Chicago wind chill into that. It was COLD. On my way home, I heard something sounding like a puppy screaming/crying coming from behind the Jewel grocery store. I went to check it out, and this little chihuahua was tied to pallets next to a dumpster (it was locked, or I am sure he would have been inside it). He has been there for a while, as he had used the bathroom a few times, and there were no human tracks in the snow anywhere around him (even though it had stopped snowing 6+ hours earlier that day)- He showed signs of trauma and abuse, and was so thin his bones were sticking out, I grabbed him, and shoved him into my coat with me- he felt like a block of ice. We got home, got him some very warm water to drink, and I sat with him curled up under the blankets on my bed... he hasn't left my side since, and never will.

Molly Bed.jpg
Here's out girl Molly! We adopted her last year from a wonderful rescue woman after living through years of abuse and neglect. We are still working on behavioral rehabilitation with her, but, she is IN LOVE with me & my husband (totally a daddy's girl!), and makes leaps and bounds of progress every day! She is over the most of her fear, and is definitely a sweet, spunky, and generally adorable little cuddle bug. We are so glad to have her, and look forward to spoiling her for many years to come!

We also have an 8 year old guinea pig, technically her name is Punkin- but, I think she is really only called "Pig Pig" when we talk to her. She is about 8 years old, and came to live with us after we went to get supplies for the guinea pigs who were classroom pets at the school I was working with at the time. The check-out lady asked if we would be interested in adopting a pig they had in the back room, as an owner return... I hesitated, until I heard the guy behind me say "If she doesn't want it, I'll take it. I have a 6 ft Burmese at home."... My answer? "I'll take the pig...". Her cage is in the kitchen, so she gets veggies and attention all day long. She's super mellow, and we just adore her. I don't have any pics, at the moment... and she litrally just had a bath, so, she looks a little ridiculous. I will take one and post it over the weekend.

Autumn.jpg sleepy az.jpg Brak Sleep.jpg raziel1.jpg Lucy Bike.jpg Zoey Couch.jpg Catnip Party 1.jpg Catnip Party 2.jpg Ronin.jpg Rosco & Brak.jpg Molly Bed.jpg

Last edited:

Lady G

It's a mafia thing, nothing personl
Oct 6, 2005
WI
gingersassatelli.bodybyvi.com
Pacu Mom- She is a gorgeous cat. It's so odd seeing her in the water. I had a purebred Persian that I would have to give "cooling" baths in the summer because he would just get too hot, even with the AC. I never thought of putting him in the pool though! :D

Lady G. I'm glad the pretty calico had a happy home in her final days :( AND...what is it with all the grey kitties coming to you?? lol. I love that.. It's like me with ginger kitties. I never considered them one of my favorite before..but 3 of them have came into my life and now I think I will forever have a ginger kitty in my home. I love their personalities.
Luna was such a sweetie, I think because we "saved" her from starving but she would always just lay on me purring and lick my cheek she was a blessing.

LOL, as for the grey kitties...I'm thinking Mufasa has something to do with that he is not "fixed" and the two kittens that were dead with their Momma also looked just like him (she was black). :D

JamieMonster

AC Members
Mar 16, 2012
Chicagoland, USA
Real Name
Jamie
Here is one of my favorite pics. I bottle fed hundreds (yes, literally) of kittens during my rescue years. I never allowed them to mix with my kitties because of the disease risks. One litter came from a momma kitty who was hit by a car while pregnant. She was promptly delivered to the vet, where the vet had to perform numerous surgeries to save her, one being a c-section. She was tested for FIV/FLIV and was clean so when her kittens came home with me just an hour less than they were born, I wasn't as cautious about my kitties "mixing" with them. Spanky immediately took a shine to the kittens and would not leave them alone. I was always careful because tom cats do not have the best of intentions around kittens at times, but not Spanky. He LOVED the babies.

btw...the momma cat eventually made a full recovery. She had lost one leg but was fine and adopted out to a very loving home.
Holy crap... this is one of the cutest pics I have ever seen! Glad momma had a happy ending, too. Gotta love that Spanky!

kj5kb

KEEPER OF CATS, FISH AND CATFISHES
Mar 1, 2007
Spring Hill Kansas SW of Kansas City
Real Name
Don
Ditto on Spanky ^^^

I've had about 10 cats over the years but these are the current residents...Little Cat is the calico and George is the Orange cat. George is hyperthyroid and has chronic lung congestion but is a real sweetheart. Little Cat is a rather grumpy daddy's girl.

DSCF1049.JPG

JamieMonster

AC Members
Mar 16, 2012
Chicagoland, USA
Real Name
Jamie
I LOVE this thread! So much fun, and so many adorable fur kids! This is just FANTASTIC! There are just too many to comment on every single one- but, every single one has gotten big "AWWWWs", and a boatload of giggles. AC certainly has some amazing people with fantastic & beautiful animal companions! So happy to be a part of all of this. <3

Lady G

It's a mafia thing, nothing personl
Oct 6, 2005
WI
gingersassatelli.bodybyvi.com
Ok, so our new kitten has claimed Charlie (our dog) as his favorite sleeping buddy :)

002.JPG023.JPG021.JPG

002.JPG 020.JPG 023.JPG 021.JPG

mykidsmylife

Princess of Peons
Aug 26, 2005
Indiana, U.S.A.
Lady G, those are certainly AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW worthy pictures!! SO CUTE.

Jamie, adorable kitties (and puppy). Their stories are sad but at least have happy endings.

captaincaveman9

Innocent and Pure!
Oct 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Steve
This is Max the Maine Coon

And.... This is Tinker

mykidsmylife

Princess of Peons
Aug 26, 2005
Indiana, U.S.A.
Awww Capt'n. I love love LOVE Maine Coons. Gorgeous kitty you have there and your puppy partner is just darling and has such sweet eyes.

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
this is Izzy. someone dropped her off at a post office saying they were going to drown them if nobody took her ao we took her in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1336930619138.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store