Six Tetras...What else to add??

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Tempest

AC Members
Jun 8, 2002
Wichita, KS
It varies quite a lot here.. The von rio tetras were 3/13.95.. I paid about the same for cardinal tetras.

I've seen neons selling for 99 cents at a Petco here but who would wish to buy them with 7 or 8 dead in the tank.. Yuck.

I trust the places where I *do* buy them a bit more. For example, I waited for two weeks on the cardinals because the shop told me they had just gotten the shipment in, it had gotten too cold, and they were losing part of them. I bought 9 survivors and haven't lost a one of them in the six months I've had them.

thecowman

AC Members
Jun 12, 2003
Ottawa, Ontario
Visit site
I have 3 lemon tetras that I have had in my 25 gallon community for about 4 years now. Great little fish, always active, never had any health problems and never bothered any of the other fish. I would highly recommend getting these if they appeal to you. I've had nothing but success with mine.

Characin

Registered Member
Mar 7, 2003
Visit site
Favorite Tetra!

The Emperor Tetra, Nematobrycon palmeri, is our hands-down favorite. The male has a gorgeous turquoise-blue eye and a fancy 'trident' tail; the females are green-eyed, so it's easy to pick which kind you want. They are a bit larger than some of the tetras, but not as big as the Congo, and they seem to be aware of things in the tank the way smaller tetras aren't. There is a bit of 'chasey' behavior sometimes, but nothing really destructive.

Aderynglas

AC Members
Feb 4, 2003
Visit site
Hi,
I also have tetra tanks :D,

Neon Tetras - small but stunning

Columbian tetras - blue body, red fins, grows about 2" peaceful and stunning :)

Diamond Tetras - also grows to about 2", colours take a while to develop but beautiful when adult :)

Rosy Tetras - don't look like much in the shop but once at home in the tank go a lovely deep rosy red colour and display to each other almost all the time :)

Bolivian Rams and blue rams are also in the tanks along with cories and a bristlenose cat.

As with most fish these tetras don't really show their best colours in the shop and can take up to a week or two to settle and start showing good colours, but they are well worth the wait :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store