Small Anubias Question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

midiamin

MidiAmin
Jan 29, 2005
San Francisco
that brown thing is a corn that grows as the plant matures. If your plant starts to lose a lot of leaves as if it is dieing just cut the corn off without damaging the roots or separating the entire plant. It will grow back.

gsparsan

AC Members
Dec 2, 2007
Argentine Sword Update

I would just like to give an update for the small plant that was growing off the long stem out of water. 2 weeks ago I cut it off the stem and planted it in the same outside tank. It only has 1" - 1.5" of gravel. The plant didn't have any root.

Today I transfered it to my main tank. It has developed some nice roots and looks generally healthy. I don't have CO2 or Fert. I only have 1W/gal. Lets see how it does.

DSCF0635.jpg DSCF0641.jpg DSCF0638.jpg DSCF0643.jpg

Sammie7

Get funky wit it!
May 28, 2006
Florida
The new plantlet might die back a bit, so that it can get it's water leaves. Just a heads up in case it happens.:) Looks healthy thus far though! :grinyes:

gsparsan

AC Members
Dec 2, 2007
As I said, it has been in water for 2 weeks. It only had 3 leaves then. All the other leaves grew in water. The new leaves are more curly than the original 3 leaves.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store