so, who fishes?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

wataugachicken

The Dancing Banana
Jul 14, 2005
Charlotte, NC
hey fishshrod - in your picture, are the yellow fish the mayans and the red-tipped fin fish the tilapia?

mavisky

DIY FTW
Feb 6, 2008
Fort Wayne, IN
I fish. Mainly freshwater catch and release though. Not that I won't hang onto a few good bluegill if someone's private pond is a bit overstocked though. Darn things breed like mollies in the wild.

Sarge_857

Iam the one under your bed. BOO
Mar 18, 2008
Saline, MI AKA craphole USA
I fish all the time! i love it. i catch and release except if i want a snack at the park, i'll keep about 4 good sized blue gills and grill em, yummy.

largest fish i caught (length) was a 40 inch northern Pike. fought with it for 45 minutes....thing was a beast! heaviest was a 7 pound largemouth bass. yes i said 7 LB LARGEMOUTH BASS!!!!! thats the largest bast ive ever caught, and he was mighty tastey to boot lol.

next time i go fishin i'll get my camera and get some shots. whether the fish are keepers or minnows hahaha.

Malefic23

AC Members
Nov 7, 2006
Charlotte NC
Wata makes me go! She forces me to go fishing and dragged me out for a day on the lake a few weeks back. Catch and release, after crimping the barbs off the hooks. Yeah, it makes it a lot harder to catch fish, but there's less damage/stress. Now I just have to get Wataugachicken to try fly fishing out...

cichlidsrextrem

MOST METAL FISHKEEPER
Jul 26, 2007
VA
fishshrod thats so AWSOME!!!!! my mom planed to go to florida but i am scared to leave my fish under anyone elses care all the work i put in there op op i got to post this lol

ryverrat

AC Members
Feb 14, 2008
Love to trout fish- start in March and don't give up til it snows. I keep some - great on the grill but most I release carefully. Considered using the defective juvie angels from by breeding pair as bait (before anyone yells- no I didn't and 2- PopPopfish told me to cull the ones that have defects or were not growing as fast as the others- would weaken the stock if they bred).

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
Hey JRR make it a threesome! Fish the Salmon river for big cats and carp if you like catch and release. Or come down here and fish off the beach for some Striper and bluefish. Bantam Lake = bass, Candlewood = trout, Ct River for bass, cat, carp, sunnies, etc.

Mr.Midas

AC Members
Jul 18, 2008
Kingston, NewBrunswick, Canada
yeah, i live for fishing...thats what really got me into fish keeping. I actually had native fish before i really got into tropical ones. My tank now is actually a mix between fish ive caught and fish ive bought :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store