Something on my Ram....:(

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

leeann82

AC Members
May 27, 2010
and none of your other fish are showing the same symptom?

where did all your fish come from? when was the last one added? do you quarantine all new fish?

being that there is one of these 'things' on the body i would lean strongly towards anchor worms.
everyone else seems fine.

they are mostly all from a local mom and pop shop

last one was added about 3 months ago

I googled anchorworm pics. This doesn't look the same...

leeann82

AC Members
May 27, 2010
I have a ram that has something similar on her fins. It's almost like a scar or buildup of something. It doesn't seem to cause any harm. Keep an eye on it to make sure it isn't a parasite and that it doesn't spread.

As for your nitrates-
if you're using the API test, have you been letting the solution sit after mixing the water with the chemicals? If not then that will give you a false reading of 0.
yes, it sits about ten minutes.

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
for the API nitrate test, you need to add 10 drops from bottle one, cap the test tube, give it a little shake to mix, then shake bottle #2 for 30 seconds, then add 10 drops from bottle #2 to the test tube, then shake for a full minute, then let it sit for 5 minutes for accurate results.

leeann82

AC Members
May 27, 2010
just retested. The tank with the ram is somewhere between 0 and 5, and my 46 is definately 0

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store