South American Paludarium Build

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
I put together a collage of the growth stages of the brochis splendens fry.

The last 2 pics are of my adults when I got them as subadults and then now, to fill in the gaps since those are the next steps anyways
brochiseggchart.jpg

Pinkey

AC Members
Nov 16, 2004
Denver
Real Name
Nate
I come across your thread every so often and I always read up on where you are. Plenty has been said about your tank so I'll not add anything there. I do want to compliment your fish photography. Your fish pictures are beautiful.

• Love
Reactions: NoodleCats

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
I come across your thread every so often and I always read up on where you are. Plenty has been said about your tank so I'll not add anything there. I do want to compliment your fish photography. Your fish pictures are beautiful.
Thank you! I appreciate your kind words and thank you for following along!

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
Just snack videos

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Loved it! What brand of shrimp wafer was that made everyone go nuts?

Again, your fish, lighting & camera skills are amazing! My lemons never looked like that! Let alone your corys 🤩

• Love
Reactions: NoodleCats

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
Loved it! What brand of shrimp wafer was that made everyone go nuts?

Again, your fish, lighting & camera skills are amazing! My lemons never looked like that! Let alone your corys 🤩
Just cheapy tetra brand. I save as a treat not main diet because I'm not overly happy with the quality of the brand for food compared to others, but they like the wafers. A little bit of cheap food once in awhile isn't bad lol

I'm surprised myself with how the Lemons have developed. They were so grey for so long, but really matured into gorgeous vivid fish. Hands down one of the best tetras. Very mild mannered, school together well, and look pretty in many setups.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Who doesn't like junk food once in a while? I got a free sample of pellets my corys love. I looked up the ingredients, meh, they won't be getting it after this sample is gone.

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
Who doesn't like junk food once in a while? I got a free sample of pellets my corys love. I looked up the ingredients, meh, they won't be getting it after this sample is gone.
Lol exactly. I like to do variety, sometimes I'll try a new food. A little bit of freeze dried is a treat as well. Not great for them, but once a month is an enjoyable treat they love anyways.

Some stuff is good, some stuff not so much.

Was a bit disappointed with a goldfish and koi food I got off the clearance rack though. Has chicken as an ingredient. Fish, especially goldfish, don't eat chicken naturally lol once the bag is empty, I won't be using that one ever again. But figured I'd give it a try since it was a $30 bag on clearance for $10. Got home and saw the ingredients and was not thrilled.

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
I've been using these as staples recently, a local friend got the 5lb bags but the pellets were the wrong size for his fish and his fish outgrew the flakes (he keeps oscars, bichir, etc)

My fish like them quite a bit. There is an earthworm flake though too, I may go with that as well next time I'm needing flakes. I like the flakes especially.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store