South American Paludarium Build

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
Oh, that's because I don't have a smart phone, I think I've said (& you compared me to your grandparents, lol, fair enough)... I may have dropped off my photo hosting site due to lack of use...it's very hard to post pics for me...not my hobby as I've said for years. I think I did post a sewellia fry pic once...I was so chuffed! I'll look...

Don't tell me you don't have any vals! I saw that big bundle you just got!! I'm sure you could plant a couple in that corner...
I *do* have vals, but not in *this* tank haha they're in my coldwater setup rn.

Have you considered just uploading the files directly? Upload them from your camera to your computer to a file, then when you post here you use the attachments feature.

Here ya go from years ago a couple of my loaches | AquariaCentral.com Now I'm feeling sad about my peppermint loaches. I'll likely never see them again...so pretty! I still have my sewellia lineolata loaches that breed sometimes, maybe once a year...but, dang, they grow very slowly.
I'm going off to look!

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
Here ya go from years ago a couple of my loaches | AquariaCentral.com Now I'm feeling sad about my peppermint loaches. I'll likely never see them again...so pretty! I still have my sewellia lineolata loaches that breed sometimes, maybe once a year...but, dang, they grow very slowly.
Ah the loaches were lovely! Never seen that species either. I know some species of loaches can be more aggressive than others, but skinny fish dying would usually raise alarms for parasites or importation stress. Depending how long you had them, if they failed to gain weight after a few days or weeks. I've seen some really skinny botias in stores on import days, some fish just do not fare well during the importation process and struggle to recover. More common in biofilm and algae grazers, but other fish are at risk of it still.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
No, not sickly skinny, the males were just thin compared to the females' eventually quite rounded shape. The females even had the "green tummy look" loaches sometimes get from eggs. I got them 10/2016 so I didn't have them super long. I still look for them on the Wet Spot inventory lists sometimes.

I usually treat botias & similar fish in QT. The 1 time I had skinny in a clown it took a long time (several months) to develop & I had levamisoled them (twice) when I got them. I tried everything! I don't think I'd ever buy ill looking fish thinking I can cure them but I do treat if I need to.

There was a link to a very, very tiny study of internal parasites in fish within the last year or 2. The interesting thing to me was that a couple of the clown loaches had "cysts" (or similar) on their gall bladders but no parasites. No other info...

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
No, not sickly skinny, the males were just thin compared to the females' eventually quite rounded shape. The females even had the "green tummy look" loaches sometimes get from eggs. I got them 10/2016 so I didn't have them super long. I still look for them on the Wet Spot inventory lists sometimes.

I usually treat botias & similar fish in QT. The 1 time I had skinny in a clown it took a long time (several months) to develop & I had levamisoled them (twice) when I got them. I tried everything! I don't think I'd ever buy ill looking fish thinking I can cure them but I do treat if I need to.

There was a link to a very, very tiny study of internal parasites in fish within the last year or 2. The interesting thing to me was that a couple of the clown loaches had "cysts" (or similar) on their gall bladders but no parasites. No other info...
Tough to say, never know at times :( some fish also just don't thrive in captivity long either. There's a plethora of possibilities and after this time there'd be no answers.

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
Finally got a close up-ish video of the hyphessobrycon elachys showing off. Definitely have a male heavy group lol

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
Added a few stems of persicaria sao paulo to the right side of the tank
1000126890.jpg
1000126985.jpg

And bonus pic of Toad the banjo
1000124282.jpg

NoodleCats

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
Canada
Real Name
Casscats
Camera Used
My phone (Samsung 22)
I don't think I've ever seen a head-on pic of a banjo!
It's a cute angle, look at them little nostrils

Such a weird catfish, I love her so much. Always a treat to see her. She likes the debris piles a lot. All the bits of sticks to blend into lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store