Stalled Cycle?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

NeverFadeAway86

AC Members
Jun 15, 2011
Columbus, OH
Real Name
Brian C
I know how you feel... ive been cycling my tank since June 4th it has been over 2 months and hasnt finished, just be patient it sucks but it will all work itself out eventually

I had my tank stall my cycle twice because my water has a really low pH and goes to 6.4 regularly once i started monitoring that more closely and added some plants it all started making more sense... now my tank is at 6.4 pH 2.0 ammonia 1.0 NitrIte and 10 NitrAte and i dosed ammonia 2 nights ago to 4 ppm

tanks are weird just hang in there and once it gets established you wont have to worry about this again

Nubster

AC Members
Aug 6, 2011
Romney, WV
Real Name
Chad
Ahhhh sooo frustrating! I don't wanna start all over! :mad2:
Yeah...it sucks. If you start over I'd try to heavily seed the tank with bacteria from another established tank. That way you will get a major kick start. You could also add more plants. The more plants in the tank the less cycle you will see, some say if you plant heavily from the start you won't really even have a cycle and you can add fish from the beginning.

aclarino

AC Members
Jun 6, 2011
I would try to seed the filter. Try to go to a LFS and ask for a handful of gravel or something from there tanks. If you get the gravel put it in a nylon sock and place it in your filter. This can help with the cycle. That white stuff my be calcium build up. I get it all the time in my puffer tank since I have crushed coral as my substrate. It just brushes right off. You can take your water to an LFS that test water if you dont want to buy a calcium test kit.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store