Stocking list for my 55 gal.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mbd521

AC Members
Jan 23, 2009
Akron Ohio
I am sorry I haven't posted for a while! I have been having trouble posting from my computer!! I don't understand why? Everytime I hit submit reply, my computer say aquaria central has stopped working!!! Frustrating!!!
Sent from my Desire HD using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

mbd521

AC Members
Jan 23, 2009
Akron Ohio
Ok... One more thing about the hermit crab.... I have no idea what kind it was because at the time is wasn't into fish at all!!! But I do know that it was about the size of a softball! Maybe slightly larger... But its a moot point, because I don't want anything that get that big!!

mbd521

AC Members
Jan 23, 2009
Akron Ohio
Ok, so for an update on the actual tank. I have bought an API test kit. And an aquaticlife T5 HO 2 x 54 (which is expandable up to 2 more units).

Greech, I am planning on getting a skimmer eventually, but I am not sure what you mean by a prefilter box, could you please elaborate? And what is the use? And as far as the filter goes it was new, but I had bought it along time ago as a backup for my freshwater tank, so I will just go ahead and use this for now. Maybe ill try to figure out a way to remove the wheels and still keep it quiet, maybe using a polishing pad or something like that...

mbd521

AC Members
Jan 23, 2009
Akron Ohio
Also, as far as stocking goes I think I will be totally rethinking it. I have probably at minimum 2 months before I will be able to put livestock in it. :-( my son absolutely loves hermit crabs, ornamental shrimps, and snails, so a clean up crew will be certain!

As far as fish go I don't really want anything that will eat them...

Flame Angel x 1 a definate

Probably a pair occelaris clownfishs. (Black ones are cool but to pricey for my first attempt)

Banggai cardinals x 2

Bicolor Blenny x1

Watchman Goby and pistol shrimp combo!

How does that sound?

Thanks again everyone for all advice!! It is much appreciated!!

mbd521

AC Members
Jan 23, 2009
Akron Ohio
Oh yeah I forgot the definate thinking cleaner shrimp x 3-4 maybe a couple pistols..

What about arrow crabs?

Probably just order a CUC from live aquaria after tank is. Up and going so that I know I have enough algae and stuff to keep them alive!

the wizard

Is it really Niko's fault?
Jan 28, 2010
Real Name
David
I have never had bangai's, they are coollooking but from what I have observed they just kind of "hang around" not aa lot of activity. Every one I have talked to say you should buy six of them but then they will kill themselves off to two. Maybe someone with more experience can weigh in on this.

mbd521

AC Members
Jan 23, 2009
Akron Ohio
I actually was considering firefish, but the banggaii's are just so mysterious looking, they are also one of the reasons I was wanting a SW tank... I think I'd rather have a school of those, but Im not ruling out firefish ...

Thanks again for the advice

RNeiswander

Bunned
Nov 27, 2010
SW Ohio
Bangaiis are very cool but very sensitive. I imagine Tank bred ones are hardier but their price reflects that.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store