Stupid ?#$#$@ fish store, I really want my chromies :(

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
When you "rescue" sick/dying/abused/ill cared for fish, you are incouraging the fish store to purchase mor of them to abuse. They're way of thinking is, that they can mistreat their fish & they still sell. Find another source that treats their fish well, to support.

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
When you "rescue" sick/dying/abused/ill cared for fish, you are incouraging the fish store to purchase mor of them to abuse. They're way of thinking is, that they can mistreat their fish & they still sell. Find another source that treats their fish well, to support.
Agreed. As sad as this is, it is the bitter truth about much of the pet industry, especially in regards to aquarium fish.

JamieB

JamieB
Oct 9, 2005
currently in another Orbit
thinking like that makes me worried that lots of fish are sacraficed to get back at some irresponsible pet shop owner at the expense of the aquatic life. IMOA BS!

Amphiprion

Contain the Excitement...
Feb 14, 2007
Mobile, Alabama
Real Name
Andrew
thinking like that makes me worried that lots of fish are sacraficed to get back at some irresponsible pet shop owner at the expense of the aquatic life. IMOA BS!
I can understand the urge to purchase the ailing fish (and have been through the heartbreak), but that paves way for endless orders of even more ailing fish. By buying those fish, you let the owner think it is okay to continue doing what he/she is doing, thereby perpetuating the issue. Simply not buying them, albeit painful, keeps more fish alive in the long run.

bluekrissyspike

bwa-hahahahaha!!!!!
Mar 24, 2007
have you tried aquabid?

Lycanthropic

AC Members
Jun 29, 2009
Alberta
Many places on aquabid do not ship to canada, or charge exorbitant prices to ship to canada. as well, I have not found any true orange chromies to be on aquabid

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
i say be sneaky with a net and a few ziplocs lining your coat next time you are in the store......

I'M KIDDING!!!!!!!!!!

Sammysaddiction

AC Members
Aug 22, 2009
I can understand the urge to purchase the ailing fish (and have been through the heartbreak), but that paves way for endless orders of even more ailing fish. By buying those fish, you let the owner think it is okay to continue doing what he/she is doing, thereby perpetuating the issue. Simply not buying them, albeit painful, keeps more fish alive in the long run.
Yup I agree. I used to rescue fish from Walmart before it dawned on me that the more fish I was rescuing the more fish they were buying to just abuse some more. I won't even go near the fish department at Walmart for ANYTHING to avoid the temptation of rescuing fish.

Sammysaddiction

AC Members
Aug 22, 2009
Maybe you could split an internet order with someone. In about a month, I would be more than happy to do that with you. We could have it shipped to me in the US where shipping is cheaper, and then I can ship it to you for a normal rate with lots of insurance just in case. It would probably have to be overnight shipping. Which would be about $30-$40or so to Canada. But you would get healthy happy fish. If you don't want to wait Im sure there are tons of others on here that would be more than willing to do the same. :)

Lycanthropic

AC Members
Jun 29, 2009
Alberta
Im not sure. We would have to see. Im really cautious, no offence. Ive been ripped off quite a few times. Im looking into some small scale archer fish at the moment, but Im having trouble with those as well! DEADMONTON CARRIES NOTHING BFM!
I called around to 10 stores and they didnt even carry lyretail mollies! I was so upset.
But if anyone can find some small scale archers for me and would be willing to do that order thing, It would be great. I think im going to go look on aquabid, but i would need alot of contact info. lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store