Stupid ?#$#$@ fish store, I really want my chromies :(

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
I'll keep my eyes out for you here in deadmonton. i was in play pen pets in the mall in millwoods (southeast deadmonton) and they had black lyretail mollies. i buy fish and supplies from there once in a while, it's a decent store, even if the owner thinks a 10% water change per week on the tanks is good enough...... mind you, the fish are always healthy.

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
What makes you think you'd have healthy fish from an online store? A gal at my puffer forum is not treating her deathly skinny fahaka puffer that she just got online, for IPs.

Lycanthropic

AC Members
Jun 29, 2009
Alberta
It was just a suggestion PP.

DeeSeven

AC Members
Feb 4, 2007
CT
When you "rescue" sick/dying/abused/ill cared for fish, you are incouraging the fish store to purchase mor of them to abuse. They're way of thinking is, that they can mistreat their fish & they still sell. Find another source that treats their fish well, to support.

have you ever imported fish before on a large scale?

1. Half the time you import fish into the country (canada or usa) the fish have been on a 48 hr trip (sometimes more) so they are stressed beyond believe and there are USUALLY some floats...floats = ammonia which equals ammonia burn which leads to other issues including death very quickly.

2. Ok so your order comes in and you have 5 boxes with 20 bags total..you now have to acclimate every single fish that is going to hit your tank. How many of you actually acclimate your fish? and I mean properly acclimate your fish..aka none of the water in the bag hits the tank, spend at least 30-40 mins on a bag, test ph, scoop with net and dump in? and now how many of you think that someone getting paid minimum wage is really going to do all of that?

3. No LFS has all experts...some are very knowledgeable others have a goldfish in a bowl. The job of the lfs is to hold the fish, feed it and care for it until YOU buy it. It's not their job to school you for 30 mins about how to care for this fish you just have to have. While there are some really good shops there are also some really bad shops. Look at car dealerships

4. "Saving a fish from terrible care" is hardly the issue 90% of the time its they come in terrible and usually die in the tank because they cant handle shipping or they were in bad shape to begin with.

5. Hi phoe!

Lycanthropic

AC Members
Jun 29, 2009
Alberta
lol D7! hi! Thanks for the support. I know they were imported... but thats all know. They did used t have more of them... but Im guessing all the healthies sold out. lol :p

johnlarson66

These Pandas Rock
Sep 25, 2006
Fayetteville, NC
www.facebook.com
Real Name
John Larson
I still say get them and save them.

Lycanthropic

AC Members
Jun 29, 2009
Alberta
Im really thinking about it. I still am super concerned about agression issues still, but I'm thinking in about a weekish I will go pick them up. Im just going to qt them in a sterilite tub, as im not allowed any more tanks. I picked up some mollies today as well, 2 dalmation sunsets, 1 creamsicle lyretail and a dalmation lyretail. They are bigger than the chromies right now.... so I think it will work out. Right now the mollies are really nervous.... As well, I picked up some more plants... but there still isnt enough foliage IMO. Im thinking some more around the fake mangrove I have and just more spaced out. I started using root tabs... and this is my first lanted tank so all hopefully goes well :)

Lycanthropic

AC Members
Jun 29, 2009
Alberta
as well, im sure tis store is going out of business now. They cant find another place to go so Im thinking pick up what I can :) I also want an electric blue crayfish :)

Lycanthropic

AC Members
Jun 29, 2009
Alberta
Just found out my chromies died. Cause they werent kept in brackish.
&*%$EFBGFZDRG^%&$ I am so livid ATM. They told me another month or so until they get them in. This store is horrible!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store