Suggestions for algae eating/bottom dweller(s) for a 29 long

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dundadundun

;sup' dog? ;woof and a wwwoof!
Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
to get a farlowella you have to search. if i answered where to get one i'd only be limiting your possibilities imo. when i got mine it took me quite some time to find one for $30. i bought the first one i could find for less than $90. that was a couple years back though.

the one at drs. foster and smith may just be captive bred. either that or they know what they have and what they can charge for it. the other one looks like it could be a vittata. that is what i believe i have. i definitely don't have a royal.

imo a farlowella will absolutely get along with one of the smaller plecs. they stick to themselves and don't bother anyone else. even the larger slime eaters would probably leave one alone cause they are very slim. not much surface area to suck on. they are also not the huge cleanup crew or poop machines that plecs are. you'd think they would starve as little as it seems they eat.

just want to add that i keep mine in with a bristlenose pair currently. there has been other plecs in with him also but i wasn't as informed and diligent with water changes back then and maybe the stock wasn't in the greatest shape. regardless never have any of them had any issues or aggression towards or from my farlowella.

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
Prices vary because shipping charges vary. Either way you usually end up paying close to the same. Send a PM to TTA (TwoTank Amin) as I think he has some plecs to sell.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store