SW View on "Tanked!"

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

garyfla

AC Members
Apr 23, 2010
Hi
Too bad the show is a" sitcom" rather than a serious design how to lol. . One that really intrigued me was the "Gumball machine" . They showed a couple of tantalizing techniques as to how the "Sphere" was built and one small view of how they got rid of the seam. Would like some explanation of how maintenence is done. Certainly shows that anything can be done with acrylic !!! Can't imagine what the budget was lol..
They have been picked up again and seem to be fully sponsered so obviously they know a thing or two about TV programming also?? I guess that's what the average viewer wants?? gary

garyfla

AC Members
Apr 23, 2010
Hi
Wish the aim of the show was a serious how to rather than a "sitcom". One that really intrigued me was the "Gumball machine" can't imagine a more difficult shape to manufature?? was particulary impressed with the treatment or the seam
But you got about 30 seconds of technique Since they've been picked up again and seem to be fully sponsered they must know a thing or two about what the average viewer wants to see.?? Little more "science " and a few less laughs?? gary

GBBryant

AC Members
Apr 6, 2012
Gainesville, Fla
The gumball machine was cool.

carolinyens

AC Members
Apr 20, 2009
Butner NC
Most of their ideas are ridiculously stupid. The real clincher for me is the fake coral, ugh! I dont even have a SW setup and I think that is one of the tackiest things I have ever seen. And how are you supposed to clean the telephone booth? I guess you gotta get in with all those fish. Not to mention when they were puttin these fish in I saw one belly up during the pour in. 'We gotta make sure we acclimate the fish so they dont go into shock'. Thats the funniest one and saddest when you know they just put the water in that tank. For the love of God, if your going to pay someone to set you up a tank dont let them put fake corral in it!

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham

ManEatingShrimp

AC Members
Jan 28, 2012
Pretty much all tv shows on discovery, animal planet, and even history channel are garbage now. As long as someone has an interesting job they get a show. Even if they are not good at what they do.
if they do stuff that makes the average braindead viewer go "wow thats cool! They sound smart!" then they get good ratings too.

Only watched one episode of tanked and thought it was just another overrated show that was more about drama and less about properly constructing a fish tank

Sent from my SPH-D710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store