SW View on "Tanked!"

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

lobster4

AC Members
Jan 12, 2012
I like the show, lol. Its interesting that they do different kind of tanks, not always the same rectangle format. I myself would prefer a more natural look, but hey it's not my tank. The shark tank was nice, and the refrigerator is okay. I bet all the cichlids are going to claim different territories on the shelves.

Khemul

Sea Bunny
Oct 14, 2010
South Florida
Well the problem with all the Discovery's & History/A&E's various shows lately is that they both learned early on that the best reality shows are the ones filled with drama. As a result they've forcefully injected it into all of their "reality" shows over the last few years. Discovery has gotten to the point where just about all of their new reality shows are scripted dramas masquerading as reality television (even their older reality shows are showing signs of this influence and becoming partially scripted). I haven't looked as closely at History but from what I've heard theirs are fully rigged/fake also.

They are fine shows if you look at them as simple entertainment. If you try to look at them as reality though they all fall apart quickly and make absolutely no sense.

the wizard

Is it really Niko's fault?
Jan 28, 2010
Real Name
David
I only watched a short clip of tanked online. I have never seen a full episode. I would never watch any more of that show than I already have. They know how to build tanks but I will not give them any more credit than that.

garyfla

AC Members
Apr 23, 2010
Hi
Interesting that nobody checked out their website .. Check out a couple of the full reef setups . They certainly are using rectangles One that intrigued me was an outdoor pond with transparent sides Can't imagine the process to manufature no seams!!! No hints on the maintenence techniques lol
i tried that on my above ground pool with disasterous results lol Ah the size of a garden pool with all the advantages of an aquarium . Can't imagine what it cost lol gary

ssuchem13

Tower Tank Master
Oct 4, 2011
chicagoland
Real Name
Eric
I find the show interesting but I feel sorry for the fish. I think the la fish Guy. From YouTube would make a better show honestly.

Sent from my Huawei U8800-51 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Neptunius

AC Members
Dec 16, 2011
Boston, MA
Funny! I hadn't heard of this show until I noticed the banners on the forums. I caught this week's episode. The tanks are interesting artistic concepts but I can't see how they'd be proper habitats for fish.

Tkdjr1186

AC Members
Feb 19, 2012
I like the show. I dont think you can judge these guys based in what's on the show. I'm sure 90% of the time they are building legit tanks. For the most part with the exception of a few crazy tanks (skateboard ramp) they do a good job.

I would like to believe that they set up the filters with mature media. I could see them running a bunch of filters in the warehouse for new tanks.

As for the fake coral inserts, these rich people getting the tanks won't take the time to take care of corals and such, makes sense that they would do something that makes it visually appealing without the work.

At the end of the day it brings visibility to the hobby that we love the most.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

stormywendyann

AC Members
Apr 21, 2012
Westchester, CA
Real Name
Wendy Lubianetsky
You are right, the are not thinking of the fish at all. They overstock the tanks and do ridiculous things where fish are going to have to be moved in a couple years. Are they in charge of finding new homes for all the fish? What a bunch of goofballs. But, it seems to be popular.

Tkdjr1186

AC Members
Feb 19, 2012
You are right, the are not thinking of the fish at all. They overstock the tanks and do ridiculous things where fish are going to have to be moved in a couple years. Are they in charge of finding new homes for all the fish? What a bunch of goofballs. But, it seems to be popular.
On last weeks episode they rehomed two sharks for a client and got him smaller ones. They said they do this regularly. How are these tanks overstocked? Most of them are 1,000s of gallons...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store