Swim Bladder Problems and Fin Rot on Black Moor

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
I feel so bad for the poor baby. I hope I can make it easier for him really soon.

Kristina

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
Pics -

This shows the resting position

Kristina

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
He'll be just fine. He's not even flipped upside-down. This is minor stuff and it's very common for new moors and other fancies we bring home.

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
Such a darling little guy. Looks like he's doing well, Kris... active and moving around, despite not feeling up to speed. If you're comfortable with the water parameters, you might lower the water level in the tank so he doesn't exert himself so much when he swims up to the surface. I also like to give them some fake plastic plants (easy to disinfect later) for cover to hide between when sleeping.

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
I had thought about lowering the water level. I also have to hit Wally world and see about plastic plants. LOL, I hate them and therefore do not have any, but I do need a few for hospital reasons.

He is adorable. I just love him. Those little round pectoral fins make me want to pet him like a puppy, lol. I am heartened by the fact that he isn't any worse, and is in fact acting better. Now just to get him 100%!

Kristina

Somervell

AC Members
Feb 8, 2009
PA
Real Name
Anne
PM me, Kristina. I have some soft Penn Plax new that I would be happy to send for postage for the little guy. They need to go, and would probably be easier on his eyes. How's he today?

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
Thank you Somervell, I will take you up on that!

He is the same, pretty active but still resting a bit. I just got home from taking my girls to school, and I am going to reduce the tank volume here shortly.

Kristina

kyryah

Getting my mojo back....
Feb 3, 2009
Michigan
tortnet.darchorizons.com
Devoloping Fin Rot? PLEASE advise ASAP

I have tried to take a photo, but it is difficult. Will keep trying.

My little black moor is developing a whitish look on the edge of his tail fin, and it appears to be slightly ragged. There is also a whitish patch developing on his side.

I have some Jungle fungus eliminator, the active ingredients are sodium chloride, nitrofurizone,furazolidone, potassium dichromate.

Please remember that my nearest store is 57 miles away. I will go if need be, however...

Should I treat? Please help, I don't want to lose him after all this....

Kristina

Note from Kashta: Threads merged for consistency and to avoid confusion.

Last edited by a moderator:

paperdragon

AC Members
Mar 7, 2008
My little moor had that for a few days. I just did a mild salt treatment and kept his water pristine and it cleared up. I read over your other thread, and it's all the same stuff I was dealing with the first few weeks I had mine (he's still having some floaty issues, actually. silly little thing keeps slurping in air trying to catch bugs).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store