Synodontis petricola breeding hut

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
Looking forward to the pics when your camera comes back Rach! Would like to see the parents and your set up too. Sounds cool!

keithnj

AC Members
Jul 8, 2008
new jersey
hey, iv had my petricolas breed 4 times already on me!!! i dont use the pot and marble method. shoot me a pm and i'll tell you in great detail how to get large broods of up to 65-70!!! its just a lil too much to write right now.

shaynablizard

AC Members
Sep 9, 2008
US
Real Name
Shayna
Hey Rachel, thought I'd let you know what I found out from another local breeder that has been successfully spawning petricolas for some time. He takes a clear plastic cup and fills it with marbles, then he puts a pot that fits well upside down over the cup. The petricolas go through the little hole that is the bottom of the pot (top of the breeding hut) and lay the eggs in the marbles. He uses the clear plastic cup because he can periodically pick it up and look at the bottom to check for fry/eggs easily. I thought that was a great idea! Might just give that a try with my petricolas...

toddnbecka

AC Members
Dec 17, 2004
Cumberland, MD 21502
Good luick with the fry, they're tiny little buggers when they hatch. I might get around to actually trying to raise some from my group after I move along some of these cichlids and BN growing out now.

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
that is my issue right now as well, just toooooo much going on in the fishroom to raise every fry. I was just trying to get ready for them in the future, lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store