Tank fogging!!!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

DAVIDFBT

Extinct? Since when?
Feb 3, 2008
Great Lakes, Illinois
Real Name
Definitely not David
1. Yes

2. All you have to do is to get the eggs in their own 10 gallon tank filled with water. I think that you think that frogs lay eggs the same way chickens do: Male "wrestles" with female, wait a month, female lays eggs. The way frogs mate is that the male frog jumps on the female's back, grabs her by the armpits with his arms, (Amplexus) and waits until she puts out unfertilized eggs. The male, on top of the female, then fertilizes the eggs as soon as they come out. So there is no internal fertilization only external fertilization, much like a betta.

Once they do lay eggs, (about 200) you need a 10 gallon tank full of water, maybe with a heater if you have one, and no filter. Once the tadpoles hatch, put a buch of plants like hornwort or java moss. Feed them either spirulina flakes, crushed fish food, bloodworms, or boiled lettuce as a treat. When it's time to get out, lower the water level, put a block of driftwood in there, and wait until all of them change. Once they all change you need them in a 20 long until you can find homes for them. If all of them survive, you can ask Petsmart or PETCO or a LFS to take them. They usually give you store credit. Or if yo want you van keep some.

dabruno

AC Members
Jun 11, 2007
awesome

that wont happen for a while so i wont worry bout tat now

getting back to my fogging glass...

its still fogging up i have the lid propped open slightly now, but i wanna know how much they can squeeze themselves through tiny spaces and how far i can lift the lid w/out having to worry bout them gettin out?

DAVIDFBT

Extinct? Since when?
Feb 3, 2008
Great Lakes, Illinois
Real Name
Definitely not David
Have you switched to a screen top yet?

They can squeeze in places that are as small as their head. But they cannot climb glass. So if you prop it open to the side towards the front, they wont be able to get out.

dabruno

AC Members
Jun 11, 2007
no hopefully this weekend, and im gettin another air pump just to circulate the air above the water
how warm should the water b?

dabruno

AC Members
Jun 11, 2007
sorry bout all the questions
this is my first non-fish tank and the one that i have is my dads and i juss help him sometimes
its an 83 gallon custom severum tank:headbang2:

but anyway i have a heating mat for the heat, it gets kinda too warm, how can i control the temp of it??

dabruno

AC Members
Jun 11, 2007
what is their favorite temp range?

74degrees-to what temp?
with the fish i wan it to be around 76-82 degrees;';is this a good range for the FBTs?

hopefully im gettin more toads today along with a screen top, some live and fake plants, and a timer for the light

i will get 3 more for now to made the population 5 untill i get the floating plants, in which case i will get one more toad so that they are comfortable;; i think 6 toads is a good #, unless you would reccommend another 1 with the extra floating plants?

DAVIDFBT

Extinct? Since when?
Feb 3, 2008
Great Lakes, Illinois
Real Name
Definitely not David
1. 74-80 is fine

2. Yes

3. I would put in 7 when you have enough floating plants covering almost all of the surface with spaces between the floating plants. Get 4 plants of Water lettuce, they'll eventully spawn off runners with baby plants. (Don't buy from Lowe's, they are $7 a plant with two babies attached) And when it gets too full, either throw it away, or put them on some of your aquariums as their roots are a perfect place for fry to hatch and stay at.

4. In my experience, I've seen them jump about a foot long and at most 4 inches high.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store