Tank fogging!!!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

moonstream

AC Members
Nov 5, 2007
Real Name
Jayne
no, this is about 100% unture. FBT are aggressive animals, and WILL bite and sometimes maul FBN. their have been MANY reported cases of newts that have had legs and tails bitten off and most of the time, that ends with death.

also, with cories, not only do they need to have more then 1 in a group, they will also kill frogs if ever injested (which is likely to happen). a beter stocking list would be a group of 3-6 white cloud mountain minnows or a trio of rosy red minnows (tropical fish will need heated water, frogs need cool water).

dabruno

AC Members
Jun 11, 2007
what are the symptoms of the "death by cory" of a frog?

and what temp do the frogs need?
cuz i've heard that they need about 76-82 degrees which is about what fish need

DAVIDFBT

Extinct? Since when?
Feb 3, 2008
Great Lakes, Illinois
Real Name
Definitely not David
I dont think a FBT will be able to swallow a cory, and I dont think they can even eat things underwater.

I already told you, 74-80 is fine. :silly:

Notophthalmus

I put the 'snork' in 'snorkeling'!
Mar 4, 2008
Tennessee
If one did eat a cory, you would find the frog dead with a fish tail hanging out of its throat. Pretty obvious.

Semi-related anecdote: one day I found my paedomorphic mole salamander, which I had let my co-worker put in a tank with some mollies, dead with a bulging throat. I thought the salamander had just died and was showing an odd post-mortem distension (salamanders do often show distension of the throat after death). So I dropped the salamander's corpse in formalin, at which point its throat began bulging and twitching violently; shortly afterward a frantic dwarf puffer swam out and began zooming around the formalin jar. Of course the poor little guy was doomed. Apparently my co-worker had added him a day or two earlier, and the salamander thought he looked like a nice snack.

I learned a valuable lesson: my co-workers are numbskulls.

dabruno

AC Members
Jun 11, 2007
thanks is a pothos a vine/creeping plant?

and i just wanna kno;; do u guys think that im annoyin askin all these questions??

Notophthalmus

I put the 'snork' in 'snorkeling'!
Mar 4, 2008
Tennessee
Pothos is a vine. It has glossy heart-shaped leaves about 2-3" long and wide; there are different color varieties, including some with cream or yellow streaks on the leaves.

You're not annoying at all. This is what these kinds of forums are for. And the fact that you're asking so many questions is a good sign that you will be a responsible pet owner.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store