?Tanked?, a New TV Show for Aquarium Enthusiasts

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

spencerguy1

I dont do Tuesdays.
Jul 19, 2010
Illinois
Real Name
Spencer
the girl said that he had fishtanks in college, so he was in my opinion, educated on the aquarium hobby. He probably was thinking to himself , "WTF is that ugly arse coral thing doing in the middle of that weird arse shaped tank?" and "Why did they overstock that tiny tank and put all male cichlids in my mancave? It's a mancave, not a male cichlid cave?!!" There were so many things wrong with that keg aquarium. I think he would have been happy with a 300 gallon rectangular tank representative of any of the African Rift Lakes.
Also, why pit FW fish with fake coral? Seems stupid.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
wow.... what happened to the tangs, I must wonder...

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
I am sure the tangs all died, just like we all thought.. no way even 1 tang would be happy in that tank, never mind 100 tangs. They obviously don't care for the livestock they put in the tanks, if they did their stocking habits would be drasticly different. Seems the owners didn't even like the tank, they probably got ridiculed to no end by their friends and other real aquarist about how aweful the tank is, plus trying to clean and maintain that tank looks almost impossible which is probably the real reason it is for sale. I still do not see anyone buying it, $7000 empty!.

dani_starr

AC Members
Aug 6, 2011
California
Real Name
Dani :)
After reading all these comments on it, I looked up some vids. I couldn't believe the keg tank one, that was so ugly! All the tanks are so fake and ugly in decor, and the decorations seem to take up a vast amount of the tanks space. Like, over half. The keg idea was kinda neat (with the beer underneath), but they should of made the tank wider, stocked less, filtered more, and taken out the ugly crap!! One has to wonder how much they payed for that?!?!

The boat tank was really cute for the little kid, notice how it wasn't crammed with ugly decor as much as everyone elses? Nor did it seem to be AS grossly overstocked.

Just found an actual vid of the show episode, watching only 2 min of it (has to buffer more) and enraged. Really, an aquarium you can SKATEBOARD on top of???? What the BEEEEEEEEP?!?! Your not supposed to tap on the glass of the aquarium, but hell you can roll around on top of them. The gumball machine isn't as bad, but still fish don't like moving objects in their aquarium.

And are some of the saltwater fish, are they wild caught? If so, poor poor poor fish going from a nice big open sea with lots of natural coral and stuff, to the dog poo aquariums where it's grossly overstocked.

verbal

AC Members
May 4, 2010
Northern Virginia
Real Name
Jesse
I thought the same thing with the FW tank having fake coral in it. LOL, really? Why would cichlids be swimming around with coral?
I liked the fish in that tank, but the tank shape and the coral insert were pretty bad. I think a keg in the stand of a bullet shaped tank(one rounded end) would have been a lot better. If they made some synthetic texas holey rock, they probably could have gotten themselves an extra niche for their business.

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
if you scroll down to the bottom of the ebay listing, you see a comment from the seller that says fish are included if you 'buy it now'. not sure if this means the original tangs (what's left of them by now, that is).

i personally don't care for the show at all. watched a bit of one episode and it was much too 'hollywood' for me.

verbal

AC Members
May 4, 2010
Northern Virginia
Real Name
Jesse
if you scroll down to the bottom of the ebay listing, you see a comment from the seller that says the fish are included if you 'buy it now'.

i personally don't care for the show at all. watched a bit of one episode and it was much too 'hollywood' for me.
It is definitely a reality show as much as a "fish show". I love the fish show aspect and tolerate the reality show aspect.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store