?Tanked?, a New TV Show for Aquarium Enthusiasts

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
if you scroll down to the bottom of the ebay listing, you see a comment from the seller that says fish are included if you 'buy it now'. not sure if this means the original tangs (what's left of them by now, that is).
The "fish are included with buy it now" means they, as in the fish store Blue Reef Aquatics, selling the Phone Booth tank, will provide you with new fish if you pay them $7000 for the tank. One would hope if you drop $7000 on something that looks to cost less than $1000 they would provide you some some new fish to put in it, but I would imagine you will get a handful of damsels with the purchase, nothing expensive. I can see that tank ending up in the dump because really, who would want to buy it? I am sure that was the reason the owners got rid of it, too hard and too much $ to maintain something like that. You can only work on it from the top and a person could barely fit inside if you had to get in to clean it.. just a terrible idea all around in my opinion, but so are 90% of the tanks I have seen them make so far.

Anyone see the filtration? Wet/Dry filter with Bioballs and what looks like a home made protein skimmer.. thats it for a 200G tank?? No way is that sufficient for that volume of water.

Last edited:

captmicha

Le tired.
Dec 6, 2006
Maryland, USA
I bet the fish kept dying and the owners were like, screw it.

Fozzybear

wocka wocka wocka!
Mar 16, 2011
Alaska
Real Name
Ellis
I love watching the show just so i can understand what everybody is talking about in this thread, its like a trainwreck, i just can't look away. I wonder if any of those guys troll this forum rofl....imagine being a part of that show and reading this thread bahahaha

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
i would hope the people on the show come here to read our reviews and tailor the show accordingly. i understand that they are all about the flash and bang that comes with being a big company and having a tv show, but if they got a little more in depth about the actual aspects of fishkeeping in the show, then we'd be a tad nicer........ lol.

Khemul

Sea Bunny
Oct 14, 2010
South Florida
i would hope the people on the show come here to read our reviews and tailor the show accordingly. i understand that they are all about the flash and bang that comes with being a big company and having a tv show, but if they got a little more in depth about the actual aspects of fishkeeping in the show, then we'd be a tad nicer........ lol.
:rofl:
On the grand scheme of things, this forum's population isn't even a tiny percentage of their ratings.
Although some of the people from Discovery/History channel shows have been know to skim the channel forums, so to some extent they do get the feedback if it is placed there.

Fozzybear

wocka wocka wocka!
Mar 16, 2011
Alaska
Real Name
Ellis
idk...i hated reading the responses they've had to the other forums they've read...basically, "our business makes a profit!!!!".........lol so does petco but nobody really thinks they're are skilled or ethical fishkeepers. Lets face the facts...you've made tanks that (even if they DID work right and were stocked right etc.) are aesthetically mediocre at best (with the exception of the sick kid's tank but that's different, they had a reason to try) if not flat out silly (i.e. fake coral in a cichlid tank). And have made tanks that will simply stress and frighten the fish living in them with absolutely no concern for replicating the fish's natural environment in many cases (skateboard, jukebox and phone booth tanks imho).

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
I thought the same thing with the FW tank having fake coral in it. LOL, really? Why would cichlids be swimming around with coral?
They apparently do the fake coral to hide the hardware. That's what they said in one of their episodes, anyway. Besides, what coral looks like baseball bats? :lol:

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
And most of the sheeple that watch the show would get bored, because most of us understand more about what's being done wrong on that show than the sheeple could begin to comprehend, and then they'd stop watching, and then the ratings would drop, and the show would get cancelled. It's reality TV, not educational TV, which is a shame.

captmicha

Le tired.
Dec 6, 2006
Maryland, USA
Holy frijoles. Could they have packed any more fish into it if they tried?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store