tearing down and setting up a fish room.....

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

RNeiswander

Bunned
Nov 27, 2010
SW Ohio
Mg what kind of substrate do you use in those planted tanks?

smitty

AC Members
Jul 8, 2004
Yeadon, Pennsylvania USA
Real Name
Jeffrey Smith
Camera Used
Olympus FE-370; Sony HDR-CX580
You have your work cut out for you. But like most fish lover we are always trying to improve something.

Mgamer20o0

BobsTropicalPlants.com
Staff member
Jun 4, 2003
www.bobstropicalplants.com
since i never thought out a fish room before its always just jumbled together i did my research. i made a plan up. i cleared out a corner where i could fit 15 tanks. it would be the base of the new set up. i could get that up then move the other stuff this way i didnt have to completely shut down. after a lot of time looking on how others did theirs i found 2 different set ups i would take idea's from. 1st was the racks. since i had a limited amount of space for the new section the prebuilt stuff wouldnt work. this point i was i was close to msj and get her hubby to weld me some racks like hers. in the end i went with wood racks with a very simple design. i think i have pics of these but i am not sure. not the best design but they work for me.

the other thing i went with was a semi auto water change system. I really didnt want a 247 drip. i also didnt want to drill the tanks. so i took neos cheap and easy diy over flows idea. I am calling it a flushing system. The water wont drain but the new water will be pre treated in 4 275 gallon bins pumped into the tanks and out the over flow.

i made his design even more simple.

garyfla

AC Members
Apr 23, 2010
Hi
I used an auto water change system for several years and now use a semi auto for a 75
because I switched to rainwater . You know any sites for designing auto water changers
I'm setting up an in wall 125 tap water tank probably for rifts but whatever will be using tap for sure. Will probably go with a "tandem' setup but since the usual decor for rifts is rock walls should be able to go whole hog with a changer . lol
I will be adding a "purge " system but don't know how far to go with that idea.
Find info on auto changers very hard to find since most people don't use them.
Thanks gary

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store