The Widow's

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Brown Widow

Black Widow

Unknown Widow - Caught Last Night

This widow has the banded legs like the brown widow but no patterns on its abdomen. Rather its a solid greyish brown color. So not sure is its a younger black or brown. Its the same size as my current brown though so not sure. Also my black widow is acting funny and has dropped to the ground. Having trouble getting up. Don't know what's up.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
You can lose a limb from a bite with a brown recluse because it causes tissue and muscle death around the bit area and sometimes spreads to other limbs as well. Black widow bites are not as bad. They will cause nicrosis around the bite site but the body normally rebounds back on its own after about 24 hours. They can also give you anti-venon for the two spiders. Only bad thing is once you get the anti-V for the black widow thats it. In other words heaven forbid you get bit again you got to tough it out. They can't give it to you again. Not sure if its cause it becomes unaffective or if it will cause an alergic reaction but i believe its the former.

petluvr

AC Members
Jun 5, 2008
Podunk, Va.
Real Name
Larry
You can lose a limb from a bite with a brown recluse because it causes tissue and muscle death around the bit area and sometimes spreads to other limbs as well. Black widow bites are not as bad. They will cause nicrosis around the bite site but the body normally rebounds back on its own after about 24 hours. They can also give you anti-venon for the two spiders. Only bad thing is once you get the anti-V for the black widow thats it. In other words heaven forbid you get bit again you got to tough it out. They can't give it to you again. Not sure if its cause it becomes unaffective or if it will cause an alergic reaction but i believe its the former.
I must disagree with your statement that an antivenom can be given for a recluse bite. There is no available antivenom for the bite of a recluse, but I sure wish there was maybe I wouldn't have a black dead spot on my leg the size of a fifty cent piece.
http://ohioline.osu.edu/hyg-fact/2000/2061.html

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Oh I thought there was anit-V for the recluse. Wonder why there isn't. That bites.

Pt come on now. I don't handle my 8 legged friends. Also they can't escape the container and don't think they really want to. They got shelter, food and don't got to worry about the elements like heat or rain or wind. No worries of another bigger badder spider coming over to take over or worse eat them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store