Theraps guttulatum

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Yeah they carry some pea gravel at lowes and it cost like $5-10 depending on the size bag you want and size gravel. Also you dont really wish I lived closer lol Ide always be over to check out your fish.

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Same hear i just had a buddy fish geek over he was checking out my tanks and i hooked him up on a few fish..

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Thats cool. Im gonna attempt to clean my 135gal tomorrow for the first time.... yay... lol. Im gonna part with my Jack Dempseys after all. My loisellei's are actually getting along male ignores the female most of the time and when he does want to get her she dart about a foot and he gives up. Before he use to dart all over the 53 tank after her.

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Yep the extra room helps females to evade pesky males..

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
These are the most boring fish ever now lol. Dude the male does half witted attempts to chase the female and the female just casually swims away. The jack dempseys dont do nothing. I got more activity coming from my pleco's in my 53gal then I do my loisellei's JD's and Silver Dollars combined. The only real movement I got is from the 5 giant danios. Im thinking if they dont pair up or become more active then I may end up seperating them in 75gal tanks and using the 135gal for my Oscar and my future giant P. gibbiceps pleco's.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Looks more and more that I may need to seperate them. I was hoping a bigger tank may make them wanna get along and possible pair up but nope male is on one side female on the other and occassionally the male comes over to chase the female. She has a split tail which will heal but still sucks for her always on the look out for the unexpected attack.

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
They may get it right soon i would see what happens.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Well so far my female has her spot that the male leaves her alone at which is the top left hand corner if she leaves the spot the male quickly makes her go back. He shows no interest in her at all now. On a possitive not the male and female jack dempsey I have in there are not leaving each others side. They swim all over together.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store