Things customers told you that you knew weren't true

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Reframer

AC Members
Feb 22, 2009
Minnesota
Wow, that really ticks me off. Especially when parents do not insist that there kids show respect for animals. I get so mad at my son when he stomps on ants, I try so hard to teach him about living creatures.

srikamaraja

AC Members
Nov 30, 2006
Don't nearly all policies require a water sample WITH the dead fish, to be sure it didn't die due to the aquarist's carelessness?

If the fish died because you housed it in an improper environment, no moneys back.

thebrandon

I like fish
Jan 29, 2009
Tucson, AZ
Don't nearly all policies require a water sample WITH the dead fish, to be sure it didn't die due to the aquarist's carelessness?

If the fish died because you housed it in an improper environment, no moneys back.

The petsmart I go to just requires you bring back the remains of the fish. No questions asked....

eveliens

AC Members
Mar 5, 2005
NWA, USA
hubpages.com

That's the way it's supposed to work, although they still get their money back, just no more fish to kill. Unfortunately, most chains seem to test with strips, so of course it reads "fine." Half the time my coworkers give them new fish without the receipt, fish and/or water sample.

thebrandon

I like fish
Jan 29, 2009
Tucson, AZ
I still like the old saying that I heard the other day while browsing

"The bigger the tank you put them in, the bigger they seem to grow"

I then like to intrude and ask a few simple questions.

1) Q. Is a shark a fish?
A. Yes

2) Q.If you put a shark in a 10 gallon tank will it only grow to the size of the tank?
A. Well of course not that makes no sense.

See where that theory is wrong?

remix

AC Members
May 17, 2009
i was at wally world once and was walking around their fish section when i saw some women buying her daughter three common plecos for her ten gallon

Zaffy

Why would ******* be censored?
Jul 21, 2008
Canyon Country, Ca.
I like to tell people in fish stores that I have a 20g tank with 2 oscars, 3 Betta, a crayfish, a stingray, and I let my dog drink from it and everyone is happy.

melissadotson

AC Members
Mar 30, 2009
parkersburg wv
i don't work in a petstore but i have a story for you...i was at Pet supply plus one day after work to buy a couple of goldfish (orandas). there were these 2 oriental ladies there as well . i guess they were waiting for somebody to help them.the one older lady pointed to some shubunkins and told me in their contry people eat those kind of fish..and at that time an employee asked the ladies if she could help them and theyb said they wanted 4 of those same fish..i asked the lady if she was buying them for pets . she said no they were going to EAT THEM!!!!!!!!! poor fish..cause they were so beautiful...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store