This is enough to make even spider and snake lovers squirm

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kimmisc

is in your closet.
Mar 12, 2007
Florence, SC
nice.
I have about 12 large spiders/tarantulas in my room...lol
Yeah I noticed that you mentioned that elsewhere. It's astonishing that a 14yr old girl has any interest in big spiders, of all things. I can't believe your parents are even cool with that. :O No way would I stay in the same building with a tarantula. This comes from someone who sprays Raid around her window frames and door facings so spiders don't come in (and if they do, they don't live).

Do tarantulas make spider webs? No pictures please. I'm not doing a web search for just that reason. :)

Omega

Clowning Around
Dec 29, 2005
Surrey, BC, Canada
I'm amazed a teenage girl's so cool with spiders too, and her parents.

My dad brought home a tarantula one day from the pet store and my mom hit the roof. LOL, it was funny. As for us kids, we were scared of it, but exhilarated by it, nonetheless.

I still don't like spiders. Or snakes. Or slugs.

Lizzards and frogs, though, love 'em!

legendaryfrog

Tactical Refreshment Action
Nov 25, 2006
arlington heights - hoffman estates, IL
WOW!!!! Thats absolutely crazy!!

I would be scared to sleep in that house!

jtburf

I want to hunt these.
Jul 18, 2007
Houston TX
around where I live we hve spiders that will take down people's dogs, there about the size of a dinner plate and weigh about 3 pounds.

the worst part is ther NOT NATIVE!!!!!!!!, some one illegaly brought a shipment in they escaped, took him out in his sleep and escaped, and though scarce, they make their presence known.

jtburf

I want to hunt these.
Jul 18, 2007
Houston TX
maybe not three puonds, but I have seen them when they get big, their webs catch small mamals all the time, but through most people in my neighbor hood killing them when they are small there is only a few that even survive to that size like maybe 4 or 5 a year.

nickmcmechan

Proudly Scottish
Feb 25, 2007
Edinburgh, Scotland
The Sun newspaper is indeed a tabloid, the journalists in it are experts at telling stories with 90% truth, 10% lies, with the truth part reworded and exaggerated

for example if a movie star was in a nightclub and came out with a reporter quizzzing "have you been in there having all sorts of fun?" and the star replied "yeah right, whatever", then you could expect to see news the following day with reports of drug fuelled nights of partying going on and a really dodgy picture (just taken at the right moment)...after the star did say "yeah" in the affirmative

chances are this guy was found dead and bitten by apider being the likely cause, there was probably an animal or two scurrying round, and that was probably it, no more, no less....

Dwarf Puffers

Dec 11, 2006
NS, Canada
The Sun newspaper is indeed a tabloid, the journalists in it are experts at telling stories with 90% truth, 10% lies, with the truth part reworded and exaggerated

for example if a movie star was in a nightclub and came out with a reporter quizzzing "have you been in there having all sorts of fun?" and the star replied "yeah right, whatever", then you could expect to see news the following day with reports of drug fuelled nights of partying going on and a really dodgy picture (just taken at the right moment)...after the star did say "yeah" in the affirmative

chances are this guy was found dead and bitten by apider being the likely cause, there was probably an animal or two scurrying round, and that was probably it, no more, no less....
I think you have the truth and lies percentage backwords :lipssealedsmilie:

Really though, none of the spiders, no snakes (They would have swallowed him whole or left him, that's their way), only SOME lizards (crocs, alligators, monitors, komodo dragons --- doubt he had any of them), not the termites, no way geckos (as was stated in the lizard part), etc. would have eaten him... Basically, he was bitten by a spider. Could be poisonous, could be a black widow, could have had an explosion in his house where somehow it blew up all the tanks and all the creatures were fine. Junk.

amanda_

AC Members
Jul 24, 2007
The Sun is a newspaper..only true stories
How disgusting!! The poor officers who had to walk in on that... and the person performing the autopsy... ewww!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store