This might start some contraversy but...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

plah831

Am I mod enough?
Apr 29, 2006
Monterey Bay, CA
he didn't expect this??? has he been reading the other long, drawn-out threads on AC? They all pretty much go like this. I guess he doesn't do his homework. oh well. I'm sure he's stopped reading this one by now, at least he would if he were smart.

sumthin fishy

I eat spam
Aug 22, 2005
central california
Real Name
mike
managuay86 said:
:laugh: OMG i NEVER thought I would get so much hate mail...
Yes you did, thats why you posted it.

... to see if a freshwater fish and salwaterfish can coexist with each other, nothing more nothing less.
Why not see if a human can co-exist in a large tank with a great white shark. You could be the test subject.
So far they are doing great,
I highly doubt that(this is assuming you are really doing this and not just posting male bovine feces)

And I know the difference between LIVING and THRIVING and I can definitly say they are not just living.
What proof do you have of this?
......well Im a full blooded christian but im also open-minded anyway enough of that..
Mabey I missed the 11th commandment? Thou shall experament with living creatures, torturing them to satisfy your curiosity.
... WELL IM ALSO A FISHERMAN AND CATCHING AND KILLING AND EATING FISH IS KINDA A NORMAL THING FOR ME AND MOST OF MY FRENDS.
I fish too. I dont kill my catch slowly over the course of a few days/weeks. There is a difference killing something for food, and doing something that will simply shorten thier life immensley just to say you did it.

THANK YOU FOR NOT BEING IGNORANT!!!!!!!! ;)
OMG now that is funny. What ignorance is there in proper fishcare? You failed to answer my questions on what scientific methods you were using, so obviously you eaiter made up this story to get a rise, or YOU are the ignorant one. I highly doubt you are going to tell us when the fish die and you are proven wrong.

~*LuvMyKribs*~

AC Members
Nov 15, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
www.aquaticescapes.ca
This guy is a young kid, who loves to be a sh*t disturber. He loves the attention it draws... and unfortunately he is getting it. But he is only getting this negative attention, thankfully, because most people on here actually love and care for their animals.

Your "experiment" is pathetic. Slowly (over the period of practically years) acclimating a damsel to low salinities is one thing, but to raise the salinity on fish where there is NO salt in thier water is torture. Maybe you should soak yourself in salt water for a few weeks straight and see what it does to YOUR skin.

I have heard of "experiments" slowly lowering the salinity on clownfish (which are damsels) to make them practically freshwater, but I suspect this experiment has failed since I have not heard anything on the matter for a while now. I'm sure you can acclimate the fish to lower salinities since aquatic organisms are extremely adaptable when you think about it, but they would not be able to reproduce.

Your not playing god, no matter how much you'd like to think so. You are playing a dumb*ss.

-Diana

Sully

AC Members
Jan 24, 2003
Visit site
Once again some individuals here think that actively condemning someone else for their behavior in some way is something different than what the individual they disagree with is doing.

Once again it appears certain people think that verbally abusing someone for their practices in some way demonstrates their fish knowledge and expertise. To say nothing of their moral high ground.

Why not discuss something. Make it an intelligent discourse. Much more pleasant--lol.

So how big a tank is that Black Ghost Knife in. If it is a 100 gallon tank the poor guy just does not have enough room to move, grow and develop properly. They grow to about 2' in length. Only takes a few years in an environment conducive to that particular species.

See, it is easy to judge others. Think about it. You do not need obscenity laced tirades or say the vituperous bile found in hate mail is deserved...so much easier to make it through boards when "fact" or opinion (that is steeped in supporting logic, knowledge and experience) is discussed.

The absurdity of the comment that "you stand by" the original post is as ridiculous as the original stream of intolerant, condescending, self serving garbage spewed forth like intellectual and moral vomit

To once again plagerize:

Just three words,

Take your medications.

It is, afterall, just a fish board--roflmao.

Last edited:

beatle

AC Members
Dec 7, 2005
Alexandria, VA
www.mdbbox.com
I still want to see pictures/video. Really, if you break things down, anyone keeping fish in a tank is "inhumane." They'd all much rather be in a lake/stream or the ocean. I think it's interesting, though not ideal, obviously.

daniel364

Its not all that bad...
look, im really inexperienced at this and young too. the piont i am making is that all the people that are saying that he doing wrong are probably right but i dont think it deserves this MUCH hatetred. you have made your pionts and i am sure he's got it but at the end of the day we cant do nothing about it and its a real shame about the fish but at the risk of becoming unpopular isnt their more to life? you have made your pionts and i agree with them but the pionts that are being made are becoming repetative.

theres just nothing anyone can do.

:huh:

tonytheboss1

AC Members
May 16, 2006
N.Y.C.
Real Name
TONY
look, im really inexperienced at this and young too. the piont i am making is that all the people that are saying that he doing wrong are probably right but i dont think it deserves this MUCH hatetred. you have made your pionts and i am sure he's got it but at the end of the day we cant do nothing about it and its a real shame about the fish but at the risk of becoming unpopular isnt their more to life? you have made your pionts and i agree with them but the pionts that are being made are becoming repetative.

daniel364 you're probably right. I don't necessarily agree w/ the 'hatred' & 'name calling' but the points being made by several members are valid ones (mine is in another post 'most aggressive cichlid'). Although it might be too late for this guy, hopefully we can discourage the next wantan attempt to disregard the sanctity of life. JMHO

plah831

Am I mod enough?
Apr 29, 2006
Monterey Bay, CA
~*LuvMyKribs*~ said:
Maybe some of you do not realize the "history" this particular member has... and his overall attitude towards fishkeeping in general.
EXACTLY! see his responses in the Most Aggressive Cichlid thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store