Thorichthys aka Firemouths

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Yea that would cost to much to run heaters on the fish tanks. I think it would be mandatory out there. To cold for the tropical cichlids.

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
No doubt maybe coldwater goldfish would be in order..

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Yea that would cost to much to run heaters on the fish tanks. I think it would be mandatory out there. To cold for the tropical cichlids.
Wouldn't you heat your home? Heating from 70 ambient to about 78 shouldn't be bad.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Ummm authmal we were talking about if there was a continental shift then California where I live would be like Canada and Alaska are now hence the mention about it being to cold. Here in Cali only time I need to worry about it being to cold is winter when it decides to get near freezing outside. I use heaters in the tanks versus heating my room. Electric heaters use allot of electricity and with a sealed lid an aquarium heater works better with less energy usage.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
So I was feeding my fish and decided to shoot some shots of my T. meeki and 'Gold Mixteco' babies. Also got shots of my C. myrnae which are in a separate thread. So here are some shots. Both of these species were shot on 4-12 even though my camera is a month behind for some reason. Easy fix though. Well enjoy the pictures.

Thorichthys meeki

Thorichthys sp. 'Gold Mixteco'

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Thanks Mike. The T. meeki I think is a male the one I took several shots of. It has some nice rainbow color toward the tail when the light hits em just right.

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Yeah you got me on that I am not too good at sexing CA's or SA's I guess I could vent mine, I am good at the Rift cichlids..

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
LOL. When there growing up there easy to tell due to the dorsal fin. Males get the pointed fins and extensions faster then females. But after that it becomes hard when there bigger. Size doesn't seem to play a role. One of my female T. passionis is bigger then the male she had originally paired up with. As a matter of fact she is the biggest one in the group.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store