Time to Upgrade!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
You would have to have BHs at the return holes to keep water from draining in/out at those lower points below the teeth.

The drains look like 3/4" and 1"?

I think I would go with a durso because of the return holes/BHs and because if you ran a herbie, you would need to run an "over the top" return line that would take away from the clean look of the rimless tank. If you want to run a higher flow drain/return, you may need to install a reverse durso as well at the drain output to the sump to keep the noise down. If you keep the flow rate from the return low, you should have no problem keeping it quiet. I don't see you running more than 400 to 500 gph from the return and a 1" durso drain is more than capable of handling that. As long as you account for the air mixing with water as it pulls down the drain, you should stay quiet.

Benson

Roll Tide!
Apr 8, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
Visit site
Real Name
Benson Walker
yep, 1 " drain and 3/4 return. i figured about BH on the holes in the overflow. thanks for the info on the flow rate! That is good to know.

stephcps

AC Members
Jun 2, 2009
Nice progress you made while "working from home". I need to find me ine of those jobs!

Benson

Roll Tide!
Apr 8, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
Visit site
Real Name
Benson Walker
LOL... stephcps... it is nice to work from home...especially like when the NCAA Basketball tournament was on... lol. I get mostof my water changes done on my salt and fresh water tanks done on Fridays. :naughty::naughty:

Benson

Roll Tide!
Apr 8, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
Visit site
Real Name
Benson Walker
I'll have more progress to report over the next few days. It's time to frame the stand and paint it. Also, paint the wall in the livingroom where the tank will be located at.

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
I showed my wife this thread, and she wanted to hit the Ocean Floor on the way to Arizona Mills. She fell in love with a 300 gallon deep tank, with three sides of starfire glass.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store