Tiny bubbles coming off the plants after adding CO2?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Alwaysusa

AC Members
Jan 4, 2011
No drop checker and no idea what my KH is. My PH is at about 7.8 out of the faucet.

I'm looking to pick up a GH test kit this week (just read about how to estimate CO2 levels). To be honest, I didn't think it would be necessary to measure the KH at all with just a DIY set up. I assumed it would only produce enough CO2 to add a little boost to the set up - not really anything that would make a dramatic change.

But this morning after the lights had been on for about an hour it happened again. This time I only saw it on the Sword. The bubbles are tiny, and pop off the leaves about 1 per second. I thought it may be trapped air somehow but they're coming off the tip of the leaf and I've moved the leaf around to dislodge and particles or air pockets.

Alwaysusa

AC Members
Jan 4, 2011
Oh I did dose with Flourish liquid yesterday while I wait for my Seachem tabs to arrive. Perhaps that's what really gave them the boost?

andyjs

AC Members
Jun 6, 2009
Ohio
When I had a 29 with DIY CO2, I always had pearling, especially when I trimmed back long Val leaves. It does look pretty cool

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
The length of time your bottles will produce is largely dependent on the mix you use. Mine would produce reliably for about a week and a half all things being equal. I agree with setting them up in a staggered manner so that you are only replacing one at any given time. It will help to keep the CO2 level as stable as DIY can be.

Sigrid

AC Members
Jan 8, 2011
both hands in fish tank
Real Name
Bristlenose
To All,
Thanks for the info. - I think it is time for me to start up a new bottle - has been going for ten days and producing, but no visible CO-2 on my indicator...perhaps I need to remove the Bio-wheel on one of the two filters in this 55g tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store